Independence Ranch- I Met a Hunter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Independence Ranch- I Met a Hunter

Yes, I know my account here is new but I have lurked here for years and just moved away from Texas.
    Now I live in Indianapolis, IN and was having lunch at a local wing restaurant when I noticed a guy sitting at the table next to mine wearing a hooded sweatshirt with a Texas flag and pig looking logo on it. I asked him about the sweatshirt while reading it for myself at the same time, and I almost laughed... he just got back from Independence Ranch!
    Yes I asked about his hunt and will give details as soon as I leave here.

That should explain all you need to know about the person, his knowledge, and ignorance

Comment

Did he get lucky and win a "free" hog hunt? LOL. In for the story.

Comment

I think there is a thread at TBH about the ranch that pops up on page 1 or maybe page 2 of a google search for info about it. That thread alone should turn anyone off of hunting there.

Comment

man that is the best hog hunting ranch in Texas. You are guaranteed to get the pork one way or another!!! In for the details

Comment

Aren’t they a sponsor here? Asking for a friend.

Comment

There’s your first problem. You moved away from Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Apodz View Post
                There’s your first problem. You moved away from Texas.
                Poke me if you want but my 5 yo daughter is why I’m here

Comment

Originally posted by Chompers View Post
                  Poke me if you want but my 5 yo daughter is why I’m here
                  Ill be dead honest, I've always said for years if I ever left Texas, it would only be for southern Indiana. Not only are the hardwoods beautiful but it's a sportsman paradise! Good friend of mine lives in Jasper and every time I go up there, it gets harder and harder to leave!

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
                    Aren’t they a sponsor here? Asking for a friend.
                    I wouldn't think there would be any possible way.

Comment

Surely it wasn't to bad of an experience or he wouldn't be advertising for them. On the other hand, he may be that dumb.

Comment

Alright, the hunter I met today said he had a great time and he was with two other guys and I could tell tell they were not to amused with me. Anyways, I asked how he found out about Independence Ranch and he said his dad booked a hunt for them. He said it was “A GEAT HUNT” and would recommend it to anyone. “We booked a hunt that guarantee 2900 lb. of meat” ”I shot a piglet and the mom came at us!” he said he was using a .308 and shot the mom (sow) 4 times as she was charging and 5 more times with his pistol. They were told that the piglets the shot were to small to do anything with they were given meat to make up for it. He said they shot 29 pigs and came home with 2900 lb. of meat. Also he told me all the shots were 40-60 yards and that his .308 was shooting 4” groups at 100.

I wanted to laugh and possibly say something about how unsafe and laughable that ranch is but he and his two friends were EMT and I never mentioned my family land and experience with pigs in TX.

Comment

Tagging. This is an awesome way to start the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Chompers View Post
                            Alright, the hunter I met today said he had a great time and he was with two other guys and I could tell tell they were not to amused with me. Anyways, I asked how he found out about Independence Ranch and he said his dad booked a hunt for them. He said it was “A GEAT HUNT” and would recommend it to anyone. “We booked a hunt that guarantee 2900 lb. of meat” ”I shot a piglet and the mom came at us!” he said he was using a .308 and shot the mom (sow) 4 times as she was charging and 5 more times with his pistol. They were told that the piglets the shot were to small to do anything with they were given meat to make up for it. He said they shot 29 pigs and came home with 2900 lb. of meat. Also he told me all the shots were 40-60 yards and that his .308 was shooting 4” groups at 100.

I wanted to laugh and possibly say something about how unsafe and laughable that ranch is but he and his two friends were EMT and I never mentioned my family land and experience with pigs in TX.
                            Last I heard you HAVE to let them clean your pigs at 1 dollar a pound. It would take 4500 lbs of pig to get 2900 pounds of meat. (Just a guess)
                            So they paid 4,500 bucks JUST for cleaning fees?

Comment

I asked if they did processing on site and he said after their 5 day hunt that they finished all the meat. Riddle me that batman

Comment

Working...
                              X