No announcement yet.

2021 Crappie Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are crappie mainly a deep water fish? I'm a fly fishing guy who's never paid them any attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
      Are crappie mainly a deep water fish? I'm a fly fishing guy who's never paid them any attention.
      Hard to say! I’ve caught em in august in 3’ of water before but I couldn’t imagine fly fishing for em. I guess cast a jig out and let it sink through em but then are you really fly fishing swimming a jig through fish 10-20’ deep??

Comment

Tied up a couple dozen jigs this morning at the office to get me through the weekend! Weekend looks good! Next weekend not so much! Guess I'll save on ice!

Comment

I am going to placid tomorrow and see what that lake looks like. Trying to learn more about graphs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Lake Lavon
            Click image for larger version

Name:	981561DB-5334-4E73-8D5E-4F90378E9356.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	24642189

Comment

Nice!!! Slips would be good right now there I bet.

Comment

What size jigs are y’all using ?

Comment

Sitting here thinking I’ve been on the water 9 times this year and have had 27 fish over 2 pounds. Last year at this time I bet I was close to 3x that. I know for a fact as had one day with 13 2 pounders already. Be ready to go back to work tomrrow! I’m tired!!

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                    What size jigs are y’all using ?
                    I have 1/64 to 3/8oz in the boat but I mainly use 1/4, 1/8, and 1/16oz. If I could only pick one jig to take to the lake it would be 1/8oz bad shad! It's a grey body with a grey and black tail. I promise I will have one tied on at Murvaul. Booked a place to stay at Grenada this week for Crappie Masters in March and American Crappie Trail in May! I'm excited to finally get to Grenada. Might even fish ACT at Truman in Missouri as well. Drive 8 hours to catch a panfish!

Comment

Proud daddy moment. Snuck out to Conroe for a few hours today and she got her first solo caught crappie.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Heck yeah! That’s awesome!

I’m in a quandary myself this week. Planned on fishing Friday through Sunday and then decided on just fishing Friday with fhe weather and now the current forecast I’m not sure I wanna go Friday either! Gonna screw around and work all week!

Well show up anyway!!

Comment

Registration is open for the crappie expo invitationals. 50 teams will be selected from these 2 tourneys based on finish in the 2 events. Table rock and texoma. Pretty good lineup for folks in the central states! Shreveport is gonna be fun! Excited about that one already!

Comment

I could help you find a few sandy beaches to drink beer on at texoma. Not sure I can help with the crappie!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                              Heck yeah! That’s awesome!

I’m in a quandary myself this week. Planned on fishing Friday through Sunday and then decided on just fishing Friday with fhe weather and now the current forecast I’m not sure I wanna go Friday either! Gonna screw around and work all week!

Well show up anyway!!
                              I can't believe the weather could shut down Mr. Crappie! Heck, if you plan on going Tuesday or Wednesday, you could try your hand at ice fishing

Comment

Well guys being at home from surgery I have ordered about 10 dozen jigs from different people all over the USA. Hope to try them out in the next couple weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X