Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Jon boat journey - Life and times, and mods, of a G3 river Jon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went duck scout-n the Sunday week before the north zone started. And found these. Caught a few under sized striper in with them too. Threw back 4 sandies also. Two of those were over but just to close to risk it.Click image for larger version

Name:	20201108_171849.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	24637808

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

From 11-25-2020

Pintal, pair of redheads, pair of wigeon, and a gaddy for this past Wednesday. Click image for larger version

Name:	20201125_110904.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	24638214

Last edited by Texas Grown; 11-28-2020, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Yesterday was a great day!
        Another 6 bird limit. Had over 100 teal in the spread during the first 20 minutes. And over 130 teal for the day. Only missed 2 birds the entire morning. Straight Cylinder choke made a huge difference in the Beretta. It slowed down again after 8:30. Saw a ton of flights before that.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20201127_105428.jpg
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	24638215

Comment

Man, that’s beautiful. When we going? I’ll drive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
            Man, that’s beautiful. When we going? I’ll drive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You sure your truck can handle all the "MOJO" in that "Lucky Duck" boat?

Mo powa than tha 3 wolfs in.... The Wild Thing.

Comment

You've done some great work on that boat. Looks good!

Comment

Thank you sir.

Comment

Mike, you've got some ****** skills. build it and use it. how do you cook dem ducks. I like shootin em but just can't cook em so I quit em. But then I've bought quit shootin everything cept sandhill crane to eat n pigs n coyotes just because. I have been takin some good photos of deer.

Comment

Hey Billy! Thanks for the kind words. Lot of how I fixem depends on species. But, duck fajitas can be made with most. Patting as much blood out as possible is a good start. I marinate in soy and Worcester sauce for an hour, (or over night if taking to the blind for breakfast burritos with eggs ect). Followed by cooking to no more than medium at most. Most people over cook it and that kinda kills it a second time.

I also put woodys and hooded mergansers on the smoker. Some birds are good for gumbos. Duck sausage is something I may make this year pending how many I put away.

Comment

And I've got a sandhill permit too.

Comment

Stayed home and slept in last Saturday morning. Good thing I didn't go hunting or fishing. Saw center tread gone on passenger side tire. So I got to looking around and found I couldn't get my hand between the fender and tire.

Yep, worn out leaf spring. So I proceeded Sunday to change out both sides. Wound up having to cut the hangers off and rebuild the whole units. Then add new hardware to.

Comment

Not how I wanted to spend my holiday season. But at least I didn't get stuck somewhere. Click image for larger version

Name:	20201223_145730.jpg
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	24639668Click image for larger version

Name:	20201223_145716.jpg
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	24639669Click image for larger version

Name:	20201223_145604.jpg
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	24639670Click image for larger version

Name:	20201223_145615.jpg
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	24639671Click image for larger version

Name:	20201223_145654.jpg
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	24639672

Comment

Spent last part of yesterday and this morning adding some "reverse lights" to the boat [emoji846]. At 1000 lumes, it will make backing down an unlit ramp a lot easier. Especially since they are spot beems good for 950+ feet.

It'll light up the water too, when setting out dequees in the early morning hours. Click image for larger version

Name:	20201225_132706.jpg
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	24639673Click image for larger version

Name:	20201225_132715.jpg
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	24639674

Comment

In the last pic, if you look at the cleat, there is a troller plug in for the rear troller I added. I had some 10ga wire. So I just made a lead and tied it into the breaker for the troller on the front. Now I can run a troller from either end.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Working...
                                X