Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Squeezed is right!

Comment

Is the plan to build it, then tear down, sand blast and what not? Or you gonna keep the old patina? Gonna be cool either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In on this.

Comment

Lookin good!

Comment

Bobc I will likely get it all built, then sand and paint. I like the old look since that is how I have always known it, but I get it--it looks rough. That is actually in the top 3 questions I get about it, is when am I gonna paint it and what color.

Cranked it up this past weekend and finished the last cab mount. Going to try to find some rims so I can buy tires.

Comment

awesome

Comment

Back to the radiator....what did you end up going with?

Comment

I got one on ebay for a 1965 mustang. It is rated supposedly for up to a 6 liter engine, I believe? Anyways, it is really narrow and fits just inside the grill on the front end. There is no way I could get the dakota radiator in there. If I remember the dakota radiator is like almost 3 feet wide and the mustang radiator was only 19 inches. Cost around $150 shipped for a brand new aluminum 65 mustang radiator.

Comment

Originally posted by hboy35 View Post
                    Bobc I will likely get it all built, then sand and paint. I like the old look since that is how I have always known it, but I get it--it looks rough. That is actually in the top 3 questions I get about it, is when am I gonna paint it and what color.

Cranked it up this past weekend and finished the last cab mount. Going to try to find some rims so I can buy tires.
                    Gonna look great. I dig the patina look.

Comment

Thanks, bobc. I really like the old rusty look, but like I said, that is just because that is all I have ever known it as. thanks

Comment

Any Updates on the is one? Been following along!

Comment

sorry, no real updates--I bought a small camping trailer a couple weeks ago and have been fixing it up to take hunting this weekend.
                          Hope to get back on the '47 in a week or so.

Comment

Where's the thread on the camper conversion?

Comment

not much on the conversion. Just a 1972 aristocrat that I picked up. Had to put lights on it and some tires. Pretty good deal.

Comment

been awhile

Ok, so it isn't much of an update, but I figured I owed yall some pics. The bed had been just sitting on the frame, so a couple weeks ago I pulled it off and finally made mounts. Just need to drill some holes and bolt it on. I was able to drop the bed height a few inches to where I wanted it.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X