Best MRE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave View Post
    Are you talking about the military issue MRE or are you talking about freeze dried backpacking type meals?

Freeze dried back packing type- my terminology may be off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I never had one I would call the "best", some were less suck than the others.

Comment

Chili Mac-- whether its a real MRE or a dehydrated backpacking meal.

Comment

Originally posted by duckhunter175 View Post

X2

Comment

Another vote for Chili Mac in Mountain House. I also like the chicken and rice and teriyaki. I can roll with those 3 and be happy. I like to add a little olive oil and tobasco as long as I can find the small packets.

Comment

i can get some at the commisary on base here at lackland, the case is like 67 bucks if i remember right, singles are 7.

Comment

I have two cases here I take with me if I go anywhere I doubt I would actually eat them I started eating them in 09 and just stopped this past June

My all time favorite is chilli Mac With the Bacon Cheese but a close second was the beef enchilada if you could trade the Reese’s pieces and Get Jalapeño cheese superb dining

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyG View Post
                  Freeze dried back packing type- my terminology may be off.

I went to REI and picked up some of the Peak Refuel. A breakfast one and 2 lunch/dinner type(beef stroganoff and chicken & rice). Chicken & rice was pretty good. Beef stroganoff tasted good but needed more water as the beef didnt get quite rehydrated.

Think they were 14 or 15. I would shop online.. seen them to 10 to 11 other places.

Matt

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Chili Mac or die.

Comment

Originally posted by duckhunter175 View Post
                      Ohman, chilli mac and chiclets ❤️

Comment

Saw these at costco today and am tempted to pick them up for my elk hunt in November.

Comment

The brown stuff was always better than the red stuff. But none of them were good by definition.

Comment

It was definitely was not the dehydrated pork patty. I liked the ham loaf and the tuna loaf.

Comment

Chili Mac with the heated up cheese on top and the little bottle of hot sauce poured on top. Best ever. On and top it off with the brownie. Oh and beware, you will be plugged for about 2-3 days haha.

Comment

Oh and the spaghetti was not bad either

Comment

Working...
                                X