No announcement yet.

1947 International KB5 Frame Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to see how this one wraps up. About 15 years ago I started doing a frame swap on a '61 Ford and '91 Ford but life got in the way.

Michael

Comment

Following this!

Comment

In to see the end!!

Comment

Let's keep up the good work!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Following!

Comment

Short vid

This is me driving it after cutting the cab off. And yes, I am sitting on a paint can.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hboy35 View Post
                This is me driving it after cutting the cab off. And yes, I am sitting on a paint can.
                Haha, what is the lady saying?

Comment

Haha, what is the lady saying?

My wife is telling me to not tear up the yard.

Comment

Ok, so I did a little work on the project this past weekend. I did some more cutting on the firewall/floor boards. I picked up an engine hoist, and quickly am growing fond of the new piece of equipment--we will be close friends in the weeks to come.

I did a first try at placing the front end of the 47 on the dakota front end. Way off, like I need to move the 47 back another 13 inches or so! Big bummer. The grill hits against the radiator/ac condenser. So...

So my plan now is to remove the radiator, ac condenser, and fan and clutch. Try to reset the front of the 47 and see what to do next. May try using the radiator of the 47 at first just to see. Will definitely be going with an electric cooling fan.
                    Attached Files

Comment

That's a lot of truck for a small frame, Might want to re consider reading all of the spec's before getting to far into it.

Following....

Comment

Originally posted by hboy35 View Post
                        Lots of folks use S10 frames for frame swaps on the old truck, because believe it or not, our full size trucks of today are much larger than those of the 40s and 50s. However, if you go the S10 route of some of these trucks, the stance is a bit narrow. So, there is a line of folks that have been using the Dakotas since they are a mid-size between full size and compact truck frames. I liked the wider stance of the dakota, my son found a cheap dakota locally, and that was the decision matrix I used.

And there are several groups on Facebook that show the dakota swap, along with others.

Mine has a 5.2l V8 and auto trans with AC. Gotta have AC here in Texas....
                        Originally posted by topwater blowup View Post
                        That's a lot of truck for a small frame, Might want to re consider reading all of the spec's before getting to far into it.

Following....

He already addressed why he is using the Dakota frame

Comment

Following

Comment

Watching for sure.

Comment

So I did a little more work this past weekend. Just managed to remove the ac condenser coil, and the fan clutch and fan blade, and kinda push the radiator back some. Trimmed off some more sheet metal off the firewall so the fenders will slide back farther.

I am planning to pull the radiator this weekend and push it farther back. Looking to get a different radiator that I will put an electric fan on.

After all that was done, I tried setting the grill/fenders again, and got it a good 6 inches or so farther back. Pulling the radiator this weekend should get me where I want it to be. Will just have to get creative in how I slide a replacement radiator in. BTW, that tire you are seeing is just a larger one I had laying around that I put in front of the dakota tire, just to get a feel for what I want it to look like. Kinda like that fatter tire.

Comment

trouble posting pics

I can't get it right side up.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X