Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m in

Comment

Congrats on the ranch. From the pics of the views gonna b a great place. As for all your "friends", remind them of the story of the little red hen. Let them figure it out. In for pics on the progress.

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
        In! How many acres?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for all the encouragement!

So now that I have the Base down it was time to start shoring things up! In the previous posts I didn't share my initial cabin plan. I didn't use any planning software, just a sketch on napkin. Then I used Microsoft paint to create the 1st plan (Pic1). The cabin will have 2 bedrooms with barn style doors to save space (8'X10' each) There will be a loft above the bedrooms (16'X10') The center of the loft will be almost 6' with the back of the cabin only having 2' clearance and the front having 4'. The main living area and Kitchen (16'X14') will be very open with a 14' cathedral ceiling. There will be 2 doors for entry, one on the front porch and one on the East side. I will have 11 Windows on the first level and 3 long windows across the top front edge cabin spanning almost the full length.

Andy and I were lucky enough to find some old silos that we got for free. One of them was the perfect size for the bathroom/shower house. It is 8' round and about 10' tall in the center. So we added to the base, painted that section and moved the silo in place (Pic2). In this picture you can see the gussets we added to the base pier and beams for stability.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by wlee15; 08-08-2018, 05:39 AM.

Comment

congratulations!!

subscribed

Comment

congrats

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Subscribed. I am preparing now for hopefully being able to do something very similiar within the next couple of years. Looking awesome so far!!!

Comment

I have an ideal that this thread is going to be another epic one, I'm in.

Rwc

Comment

looks good love the silo

Comment

Looks like a nice area. Cool idea with the silo too.

Comment

Looks great so far! Can't wait to see the finished product. My wife and I plan on starting a cabin in the next year or so on our place. Will be getting ideas from this.

Comment

In for the updates, looks great so far!

Comment

Congrats on the purchase and the upcoming hard work. I am doing something similar in Fredericksburg with a 16x40 cabin. Good luck with the build, looks like you have got a lot accomplished so far. Some good resources here in the DIY section.

Comment

I'm subscribed. I like the layout so far. Congrats.

Comment

Working...
                                X