No announcement yet.

Budget Home Build!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plans look good, BUT, since you are still digging holes, I would dig a couple more. Another 4' in all rooms won't add all that much to the tab and will make the rooms much more livable.

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
      Gonna be a cool build to follow along on. I believe my BIL would be out of freakin luck...........
      I don't own the land so I don't have the say! He is a good guy. No complaints here. I live 200 yds from my wife's parents and really no complaints there either. Guess you can say I got lucky!

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
        Plans look good, BUT, since you are still digging holes, I would dig a couple more. Another 4' in all rooms won't add all that much to the tab and will make the rooms much more livable.
        He can add on later if he wants. They actually wanted a tiny home of 600 SQ/ft. We already added more to that. Appreciate the advice but this will be plenty livable. My kids rooms are 10x10. My master is a little larger than this one. My wife and I have plenty room and 3 kids on top of that. We have 700 more SQ/FT yes but it's mainly living area which is where we spend most of our time. Again nothing fancy with this. Small farmhouse and even adding another 4' row would make cost go up $4k-$5k. Budget is $25k-$30k.

Comment

Tagged! Love home builds like this where very little is subbed out.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
            Tagged! Love home builds like this where very little is subbed out.
            It's fun when you don't have to deal with building codes etc. Actually learn a lot as well. I hate painting, Tape/Texture, and running duct. Not that I can't do them I just HATE doing them.

That should be all i pay to have done. Tempted to have spray foam insulation done as well. Decide when I get to that point.

Comment

Originally posted by cattlelackranch View Post
              Great time of year to do this.
              You better hurry up before the weather cools down! [emoji44][emoji28]
              This made me laugh

Comment

tagged
                Last edited by Part Timer; 05-30-2018, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Part Timer View Post
                  tagged and wondering why a TBH member with an auger hasn't offered to come by yet! lol
                  Lol... I have an auger. It's actually more of a pain on a small job like this. I'm not afraid to work!

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                    He can add on later if he wants. They actually wanted a tiny home of 600 SQ/ft. We already added more to that. Appreciate the advice but this will be plenty livable. My kids rooms are 10x10. My master is a little larger than this one. My wife and I have plenty room and 3 kids on top of that. We have 700 more SQ/FT yes but it's mainly living area which is where we spend most of our time. Again nothing fancy with this. Small farmhouse and even adding another 4' row would make cost go up $4k-$5k. Budget is $25k-$30k.
                    I recall a song from Doug Stone talking about "love grows best in little houses. . . where you eat and sleep so close together you can't help but communicate." Forget that noise! :-) I kid. Well, not really. Good luck to you and BIL crew.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                      Lol... I have an auger. It's actually more of a pain on a small job like this. I'm not afraid to work!
                      ha I just re read that and edited my post. You're a better man than me. after the first 3 holes and 10 gallons of sweat i'de be on the other end of the auger. LOL

Comment

Tagged along....good luck on an awesome build!!

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                          I recall a song from Doug Stone talking about "love grows best in little houses. . . where you eat and sleep so close together you can't help but communicate." Forget that noise! :-) I kid. Well, not really. Good luck to you and BIL crew.
                          Thanks. I personally like small homes. I'd rather have a small home and more land. $250k home in the city gets me 100 acres and small home in the country!

Comment

Originally posted by Part Timer View Post
                            ha I just re read that and edited my post. You're a better man than me. after the first 3 holes and 10 gallons of sweat i'de be on the other end of the auger. LOL
                            LOL!!!!

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Here are a couple kitchen pics of my home. This will give you an idea of how the inside will be finished out. Only difference is I won't be building a separate kitchen this time. One wall will be kitchen and the rest will be open to Living Room. These pics were taken 6 months ago after I took a wall out and remodeled to make our kitchen larger.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X