Originally posted by Jkennedy26 View Post
    Rake it up in piles, and burn it
    x2

Comment

A bush hog will catch random pieces and throw them into traffic

Ask me how I know

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

It doesn't burn very good at all if piled.

If piled in a couple years you will have a great mulch compost pile for gardens or pots.

If you have a tractor available shredding it will get rid of it within a year. Still alot there for the soil. Disking after mowing will speed up the process

Do nothing and it will be mostly gone in 1-2 years as long as it wasn't cedar or bois d arc

Comment

I’ve been through this recently. I let mine rot. Kept the weeds down with a brush hog. It’s been about 3 years and you would never know it was there. I did rake up a few piles for mulch/compost they have completely broken down now as well. Since you have the time that’s what I would do. Just keep it mowed a couple times per year so it won’t get away from you.

Comment

Take it up and burn it. If you had yaupon you’ll have to spray it several times. When we bought our property there was eight hours of mulching thrown in in the contract. I sealed that out for four hours of dozer work and glad I did. The biologist told me the yaupon on this place was 30-35 years old and has a road map of roots. I was shocked to see how tough that stuff is.

Comment

Originally posted by MasonCo. View Post
              Will be building a house within 2-3 years. Nothing will be done with land right at the moment but don’t want weeds and regrowth to get out of hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Then leave it alone. But might want to plant to spray it next summer to get any vines and saplings that come up.

Mulch will help keep the grass and weeds from coming up.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                A bush hog will catch random pieces and throw them into traffic

Ask me how I know

Or the back of your head if no guard chains on front of the brush hog
                Ask me how I know

Comment

I think I’d rake it so some good stuff can grow

Comment

I'd leave it, it will serve the purpose of keeping underbrush/weeds from growing back. You rake it up its going to retain moisture and never burn.

Comment

I run a mulcher for a living. Most customers leave it lay to keep weeds from growing back. I did this as well on my own place. Thick yaupon and a few started to grow back the following year. I just ran over them with the shredder. The few customers that take it up burn in brush piles when a person can burn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                        Or the back of your head if no guard chains on front of the brush hog

Ask me how I know
                        Lol

Comment

Let it rot for a year. Disc it if you want to speed up the process. In 2 years it will be thoroughly broken down. If you rake up all that mulch you will also remove the topsoil.

Walk through with some remedy and surfactant to kill any roots still sending up growth. You will have to do this again in the spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Remedy and diesel. Remedy is $109.00 a gallon so you can get by with a lot less than you think when mixed with diesel. Experimta little with your mixture.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                              Nothing much will grow on that for a few years

I would clean it up
                              I would clean it up as well. Get a grapple and push in piles and burn.

Comment

Rake and Burn.
                                Just light one or two piles at a time. TRUST ME
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X