No announcement yet.

video of a dog at work tracking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Geezy for putting up that link, that was great ! That deer wouldn’t have been found unless you were extremely lucky. I thought my JRT had taken me through some nasty stuff after hogs but that was NASTY ! Love to see dog work of any kind.

I always worked Sarge on a long lead, I didn’t want him to run into any coyotes in case they were on a hog that we left all night. Besides that I wanted to watch him work.
    Last edited by Drycreek3189; 10-03-2022, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Awesome vide! Thanks for posting Señor Flywise.

Comment

I work my JRT on a lead. I want to work him off lead and bought a GPS collar. I’m just not sure he wouldn’t abandon the deer for any other small game critter he encountered along the way. May try it at my place this season.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
          I work my JRT on a lead. I want to work him off lead and bought a GPS collar. I’m just not sure he wouldn’t abandon the deer for any other small game critter he encountered along the way. May try it at my place this season.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          I run my jack off lead. She probably does get off line sometimes. However, she checks up often and it's pretty easy to see when she's on a squirrel or something

Her body language is what I watch the most

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
            Thats why you get a GPS collar and sit back and watch!

Awesome to see a good dog work! Two things.....screw tracking on a lead and don't want my dog making a sound unless she's on a live one. Great recovery!
            Agree. I did buy a collar to help with that.

I don't think I could do it on a lead with my dog. He is way to big and fast. I could see a smaller dog though. I would be too concerned with coyotes, etc on a smaller dog as I have lost a couple of wiener dogs to coyotes in the past.

Comment

Incredible thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                I generally can’t see them either unless I hit quote, then type one letter in the dialogue box and then hit review. That then gives me a link that I can see.
                Thanks

Comment

video of a dog at work tracking

Last edited by txtimetravler; 10-03-2022, 11:29 PM.

Comment

I got wore out just watching that! Absolutely unreal what that deer went through and that the dog was able to find it!

Comment

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
                      Agree. I did buy a collar to help with that.

I don't think I could do it on a lead with my dog. He is way to big and fast. I could see a smaller dog though. I would be too concerned with coyotes, etc on a smaller dog as I have lost a couple of wiener dogs to coyotes in the past.
                      Dogs are so much better working off a lead where they can cover ground and really work a track. I worked mine on a lead in the beginning and it was absolutely miserable getting drug around through that crap. As soon as I cut her loose and let her do her thing she was 10×s better off. Can work a track exactly how she wants to and I'm not holding her back. The big plus is I wasn't getting drug through all that crap anymore!

Comment

Cool video

Thanks for sharing

Comment

That whole series “the Callie chronicles” are great to watch. He does an excellent job of showing the track on his OnX tracker. He also explains what to expect due to different hits. He shows tracks they don’t find the animal as well. Definitely has made me better at finding deer.

Comment

Originally posted by talltexasshoote View Post
                            That whole series “the Callie chronicles” are great to watch. He does an excellent job of showing the track on his OnX tracker. He also explains what to expect due to different hits. He shows tracks they don’t find the animal as well. Definitely has made me better at finding deer.
                            He's a pretty dang good hunter to and does a ton of public land hunting.

Comment

Always cool watching a dog work. Great video

Comment

Glad they found it. Get that dog off a lead. What a PIA that must be! I've seen a lot of REALLY good deer dogs work, and there is no way they could do it on a lead.

Just curious but wouldn't a hunter check the closest water anyway? I would.

Comment

Working...
                                X