Nannie Stringfellow Draw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nannie Stringfellow Draw

Well, looks like a couple of buddies and I got picked for the Nannie Stringfellow waterfowl hunt! Any of y'all ever been drawn that could provide some info? Plan on giving them a shout to ask my questions, just figured I would see if the green screen had some first hand experience.

Originally posted by CityLimtRedneck View Post
    Well, looks like a couple of buddies and I got picked for the Nannie Stringfellow waterfowl hunt! Any of y'all ever been drawn that could provide some info? Plan on giving them a shout to ask my questions, just figured I would see if the green screen had some first hand experience.
    Only been down there for a Squirrel hunt. Make sure you have a Thermalcell. Sketters were no joke down there when I went.

Comment

Buddy of mine and I also drew. Think we're the second weekend. Dont know much about it either.

Comment

I've killed a few pigs and coyotes there but never saw duck water

Comment

My son got drawn for their spike/doe hunt at NS. First time for either of us to get drawn….not sure what to expect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
            My son got drawn for their spike/doe hunt at NS. First time for either of us to get drawn….not sure what to expect.

Very well run place, top notch staff. As a kid I did most of my hunting there with TYHP. The one deer hunt I got picked for I shot a doe and a buck, the rest were hog hunts and I only came home empty handed once.
            Thermacell is a must.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              I've killed a few pigs and coyotes there but never saw duck water

I have not duck hunted there, but if I remember right Earnest said they fill up some of the drainages for duck season. Don’t quote me on that.

Comment

Sounds like there will definitely be some mosquitoes, lets just hope there are lots of ducks as well haha.

Comment

The only time I was there was a deer hunt but was hardly dry ground to be had. This year is probably the opposite. And skeeters…plenty of skeeters.

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post

My twins will be there on the spike/doe hunt.

Comment

The staff at Nannie is top notch. I believe they fill up the impoundments before the waterfowl hunts if there hasn't been enough rain.

However if there has been rain, any rain, the area floods bad. The area is covered in thick gumbo mud. It is not unusual to get stuck. Also, as everyone has stated the mosquitoes are vicious!

What is not mentioned is the snakes. Our first hunt there the snakes were out in force. I bet we counted over 30 water moccasins the first day alone. There are also copperheads and canebrake rattlesnakes. That isn't counting the rat snakes and common water snakes. On the plus side I have never heard of any coral snakes there. That doesn't meant they aren't around. If the weather is warm just be cautious.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinBradbery View Post
                        The staff at Nannie is top notch. I believe they fill up the impoundments before the waterfowl hunts if there hasn't been enough rain.

However if there has been rain, any rain, the area floods bad. The area is covered in thick gumbo mud. It is not unusual to get stuck. Also, as everyone has stated the mosquitoes are vicious!

What is not mentioned is the snakes. Our first hunt there the snakes were out in force. I bet we counted over 30 water moccasins the first day alone. There are also copperheads and canebrake rattlesnakes. That isn't counting the rat snakes and common water snakes. On the plus side I have never heard of any coral snakes there. That doesn't meant they aren't around. If the weather is warm just be cautious.
                        Those pastures in Jones Creek hold plenty Diamondbacks too.

Comment

Originally posted by Clint View Post
                          Those pastures in Jones Creek hold plenty Diamondbacks too.
                          That is no lie. The biggest rattle bug I've seen in person was at Hurst back when it was Peach Point.

Comment

I will second the comments about a top notched staff at Nannie. A couple of stand up guys. We drew the waterfowl hunt 2 years ago and they emailed me a couple weeks before hand. Just wanted to let me know that they didn't have a lot of water and even less ducks. After talking with them, we decided not to go. They basically said it is really hit or miss there. Some years, lots of birds. Others years hardly any. I would recommend giving them a call a week or so before the hunt and ask them about water availability and bird numbers. Hoping they have some water and good bird numbers this year for your hunt.

Comment

Working...
                            X