No announcement yet.

What’s the deal on these “Massive Land Sale! 2 days only!”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The deal is: Some folks want to separate people with money, or the ability to get money, from said money. It's a profit deal.

Comment

Courious question on this ranch slitting up to small lots question. It appears that most that live in the country want to keep it that way. So where is the line drawn on splitting a ranch?

10,000 acres split to 10 - 1,000 acres?
      1,000 split into 10 - 100? acres?
      100 plot into 10 - 10 acres?
      ????

Also, growth is going to happen. You want your family to grow. Towns should grow or they will slowly die. City’s grow along with counties and the state. It’s hard to stop growth but curious of what everyone’s thought is a ranch slitting. I would bet that a large percentage of land owners land came from a larger track of land.

FYI, I live in a neighborhood build in the early 80’s with 97 lots. Each lot is between 5 - 10 acres cut from a larger ranch. I am looking forward to some growth my way such as a closer gas station, maybe a couple places to eat and get a beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
        Information I am hearing says it may happen near me. Not looking forward to a bunch of overnight country folk burning up the county road on 4 wheelers and mules.
        Have already had one in Franklin a few years back down Owensville. Had pictures of a golf course that had to be from the Midwest that it was “close” too. Sold all but like 6 of the 40 lots that weekend. Realtors asking people if they were buying it because if not the people behind them wanted it. Crazy. And still 5 years later hardly anything done on those lots. Most were bought by investment firms.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
          Information I am hearing says it may happen near me. Not looking forward to a bunch of overnight country folk burning up the county road on 4 wheelers and mules.
          That’s what I’m dealing with. Horses penned up on 1/2 acre, riding horses into your yard, kids under 13 driving mules down the road and texting and even adults on dirtbikes at midnight. They act like they just bought 1,000 acres and need a mule to get a lil ranchy but they just go nowhere besides from the driveway around and around then back in the driveway.

Comment

So do the lots typically increase in value?

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell8 View Post
              That’s what I’m dealing with. Horses penned up on 1/2 acre, riding horses into your yard, kids under 13 driving mules down the road and texting and even adults on dirtbikes at midnight. They act like they just bought 1,000 acres and need a mule to get a lil ranchy but they just go nowhere besides from the driveway around and around then back in the driveway.
              Yup. Have a friend that’s having to deal with the same BS.

Comment

Got one here while back for lake lots on a lake I had never heard of.
                Looked it up and it was SW of Corsicana IIRC

One of those sounds too good things so I chunked it.

Comment

Working...
                X