No announcement yet.

Texas Draw Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

most other states have already drawn for this season, in Texas we're still a month away from even finding out what hunts are available this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
      Almost forgot, need to know the name of the horn stretcher too.
      Lol I used rustoleum flat white !!!!

Comment

Someday I may draw

Comment

Man I remember when they used to offer a TON of these big-time draw hunts. It’s shell of what it used to be.

My dad drew one for the Whitetail Bonanza back in ‘01 and we got to go to one of the Briscoe pastures in January ‘22. Both of us killed great bucks and had an absolutely incredible time. That year I believe there were 20 different winners in that one category.

Comment

I heard due to covid and gas prices they will will not be holding the draw hunt this year, so there is no need for anyone to apply. I'd hate to see everyone waste their money.

Comment

Gas money, TPWD camping fee, priceless experience.

Last edited by Mule Skinner; 06-13-2022, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mule Skinner View Post
                Gas money, TPWD camping fee, priceless experience.

is this Big Bend State Ranch Park in the Solitario, looking at Hen Egg Mounting?
                If so, I hope to get in on this hunt some day.

Comment

Nice muley, Mule! Username to post content ratio checks out.

Comment

Been applying for years...drew my first permit last year.

I will continue to apply, and submit my donation!

Comment

Don’t apply, save your money. Buy lotto tickets instead!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll be sending my yearly donation in.

Comment

So far these hunts have provided Sambar, Axis, Alligator and whitetail for me…. I’ll keep donating

Comment

Originally posted by Austin View Post
                            So far these hunts have provided Sambar, Axis, Alligator and whitetail for me…. I’ll keep donating
                            Lucky. I got a tiny axis at garner. I shot the very first spotted deer that walked out and I’d do it again! 🙃. I make my yearly donations $3 at a time. Maybe someday they’ll grace me with a good draw.

Comment

I've entered every year since I was 18 & never got lucky, I just turn 25 this year & decided if I don't hit with-in the next 3 years. I'm officially giving up on Draw Hunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthewc131 View Post
                                I've entered every year since I was 18 & never got lucky, I just turn 25 this year & decided if I don't hit with-in the next 3 years. I'm officially giving up on Draw Hunts.
                                I think some of our accounts fell in a black hole. I have something like 9 points in pretty much every category except GDE and I don't apply for high demand hunts. I can draw Elk, antelope, and deer tags in other states but can't get squat in my own for 9 years. GDE I was putting my youth son on our apps to let him "build points" and he actually drew, so it wiped out our GDE points and our whole card got to go out and have an awesome trip and fill the freezer. That kid went on 4 or 5 youth hunts and they were always great, highly recommend anyone with under 17 kids to put in for the youth hunts. For my wife and two older boys it's the same story, various amounts of close to double digit points across the board and nothing drawn.

Comment

Working...
                                X