Let’s get nasty! Beans in Chili Prove me wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    My momma was born and raised in Edcouch Texas, and she puts beans in when she cooks chili...so all opinions to the contrary are null and void.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Both sides of my family fought for the Great Republic of Texas and have been here ever since. Beans have always been in our chili.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
      Apparently a few more than you think.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

And just the opposite for what you think..[emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Says a bunch of burned out hippie potheads sitting around a campfire in that dump called Terlingua? [emoji23][emoji23]. Wonder what the folks that actually settled this state think?

And no Wimberly circa 1960 and beyond didn’t have a say in the matter. [emoji41]

Comment

Smokey, this isn't 'Nam, there are rules!

A. CHILI COOKED ON SITE -All chili must be cooked from scratch on site the day of the cookoff. All chili must be
          prepared in the open (no cooking in motorhomes, etc.).
          1. CHILI COOKED FROM SCRATCH -"Scratch" is defined as starting with raw meat. No marinating is allowed.
          Commercial chili powder is permissible, but complete commercial chili mixes ("just add meat" mixes that
          contain premeasured spices) are NOT permitted.
          2. NO FILLERS IN CHILI - Beans, macaroni, rice, hominy, or other similar ingredients are not permitted

Official Rules and Regulations for Cooks at the World's Championship, State, Regional and District Chili Cookoffs
          The following rules are to be adhered to by all cookoff chairmen, cooks, and/or assistants, at all chili cookoffs approved by the International Chili Society.

True chili is defined by the International Chili Society as any kind of meat, or combination of meats, cooked with chili peppers, various other spices, and other ingredients with the exception of items such as beans or spaghetti which are strictly forbidden.

Traditional Red Chili is any kind of meat, or combination of meats, cooked with red chili peppers, various
          spices and other ingredients. Beans and non-vegetable fillers such as rice and pasta are not allowed.
          Preference is not given to either cut meat, ground meat, shredded meat or cubed meat.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            . Wonder what the folks that actually settled this state think?
            What does that have to do with the price of beans?

Comment

1700s in Texas. No beans.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210122-120045_Chrome.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	24641456

Comment

The only place I’ve ever heard it called a “bowl of red” is on here. So hokey.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                  The only place I’ve ever heard it called a “bowl of red” is on here. So hokey.
                  Oh dear lord. Surely you jest.

Comment

Originally posted by Rutersville View Post
                    True chili is defined by the International Chili Society.

No, it’s not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh dear lord. Surely you jest.

You will make a fool of yourself if you order it that way. Any where in modern times. See how that works?😂😂

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                        You will make a fool of yourself if you order it that way. Any where in modern times. See how that works?[emoji23][emoji23]
                        Lol. It doesn't work that way. You were Californiaing a Texas staple. I am Texaning the official state dish of Texas.

Comment

I can hear your rowels jingle when you walk into Wendy’s and order your bowl of red. ��������

Comment

Lol. It doesn't work that way. You were Californiaing a Texas staple. I am Texaning the official state dish of Texas.

1. You don’t make the rules...
                            2. It’s hokey.
                            3. What does California have to do with anything?

Comment

Current situation. Beans on the side not in the chile con carne.

That doesn't look like a bowl of chili, looks like the enchilada platter at El Fenix.

Comment

I'm not a chili purist. You make it the way you like it, and I'll eat it.

Comment

Working...
                                X