X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where did you get fans?

Comment

Originally posted by gator gar View Post
      If your intake into your fan to the cooler is 100 degrees or more and your exhaust is around 75 degrees, then why not duct that 75 degree air into a second identical cooler and convert the 75 degree air into 45 or 50 degree at your exhaust?? I know you want to keep it simple, but all it would take is a couple more gallon jugs, once your initial setup is established. Just an idea.
      I like this idea alot....gotta get the air temp down going in to the intake fan.

Comment

5" vent=mucho bueno!

Comment

Dale, Looks good. What's the noise factor on your rig? Bow Huntable?
          Battery specs and run times? Other changes your thinkin' about?

Comment

Looks good Dale. That should do the trick.

Comment

be perfect for fishing

Comment

Oldie but goodie!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hebegb View Post
                  Dale, Looks good. What's the noise factor on your rig? Bow Huntable?
                  Battery specs and run times? Other changes your thinkin' about?
                  It's pretty quiet. There is some "hum" to it, but I don't imagine it will pose any issues in a box or pop up blind.

I havn't even charged that battery since I started, just found it at deer camp. I'm gonna get it charged full and test it a little, but I don't expect there will be any trouble running 3 hours at a time. I'm gonna mount a solar panel on the outside of the blind and leave the battery hooked up to stay charged inside. I'll carry the cooler back and forth. I'm gonna put two 12v plugs on the battery, and one on the cooler AC so I can plug it in and charge my phone too.

My other blind has 12V plugs already, so I can plug it in there too.

Comment

I have an Insignia 12v computer fan, but it has the connecter on it with 4 pins. There are 2 blacks and 2 grey. How do i hook these up to a battery? Im trying to find a diagram but i cant.

Comment

Just need some dual spade terminals to hook up the solar panel, and she's ready.

Comment

Btw, big lots had that little cooler for 20 bucks with one of these.

That, a couple frozen 1 liters, some ice, and a beer or 3 should make for plenty of coolage.

Comment

Ok I have been following this thread since it started and I have finally gathered the materials to do it.

I have a cooler (might hold 3 milk jugs), two fans like Dale's, and a 3" PVC elbow.

My question is........what if you put the fans on the sides of the cooler down low near where the drain plug would be instead of on top? Would this push more air directly across the frozen jugs before exiting through the vent on top?

This would also free up lid space for an additional vent if a single 3" isn't enough output.

Let me know your thoughts.

Comment

Put it on wheels and add a hitch to be pulled by a 4 wheeler or UTV to and from blind, I imagine you will get tired of lugging it around. I assume you would leave it in the blind and just bring fresh ice and maybe batteries per hunt?

Comment

Icybreeze

This commercially available unit uses a pump to circulate the water through a radiator with a fan to circulate the air. I think there is a post somewhere on here (I think) doing this same thing. It would cost more and be more complicated, but proably cool better. Using a boat bilge pump and a small oil radiator would do well.

http://www.icybreeze.com/

$280 buck though...

Comment

Working...
                              X