No announcement yet.

Redneck A/C Cletus style.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thank Cletus done fell in the cement pond...or maybe Granny knocked him over the head with skillet....

Comment

Originally posted by bdavid1020 View Post
      Man you are a genius!!! Look at you thinking outside of the box...You may have to put a TBH patent on that
      x2

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        I thank Cletus done fell in the cement pond...or maybe Granny knocked him over the head with skillet....
        I sent him a text to check on this thread for you.

Comment

i don't know whether it has been mentioned, but placing your box in all-day shade would likely be better than the ice cooler, at least at midday. solar gain would be awfully difficult to overcome with just a couple of ice blocks, imo.

Comment

Great thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              Ok Clint, just to clarify.......we're now running two of those little fans (approx. 100cfm each, two 3" PVC outlet vents, and two gallon jugs froze solid???? What kind of battery power did you end up with? Anything you'd change?

I'm gettin ready to try one of these for a bow box. This thread has been awesome, but I wanted to make sure I got my crap together before I get started. Any other tips or info would be welcome also!

When I had this in the sleeper blind, I hooked a solar panel to the battery and never had any issues with a dead battery. I used 12v feeder style batteries and used one per fan. 2 fans is the way to go to get a decent air flow.
              I wouldn't change this design if I were to build again. I tinkered with a new design and it was just way too loud.

Originally posted by TxTechBowhunter View Post
              I sent him a text to check on this thread for you.
              I no longer have that number. I'll text ya my new one.

Comment

Thanks, Clint!

I'm gatherin parts tomorrow.

Comment

You'll probably make it better than I did. You got mad skills.
                  Post it up when your done.

Comment

Well thanks to this thread I went online and purchased a few fans and I found a few old coolers to mess with. I have a couple different designs I want to play with.

Comment

If your intake into your fan to the cooler is 100 degrees or more and your exhaust is around 75 degrees, then why not duct that 75 degree air into a second identical cooler and convert the 75 degree air into 45 or 50 degree at your exhaust?? I know you want to keep it simple, but all it would take is a couple more gallon jugs, once your initial setup is established. Just an idea.

Comment

Comment

I'm getting good airflow, better than I thought I would actually. But that vent sucks, so I'm gonna work on a bigger, more efficient one.

Comment

Dale been waiting for this to get going again thanks. What are you doing inside the chest like baffles etc...
                            I am about to get going on one of these as well

Comment

I don't think baffles will do any good in one this small, that's why I used a small cooler. In my limited experience, it's more about the volume of air in/air out. But it have some work yet to do on my air out situation. I'm getting some blow back through the fans with this setup, so I need at least a little bigger output. We'll see...

Comment

Also this little cooler lends itself to being carried like a backpack, and I plan to rig it up as such.

Comment

Working...
                                X