Redneck A/C Cletus style.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RIFLE View Post
    Adding salt to the water will let it last longer because it lowers the freezing temp, and can be colder than strait water alone. I like the sawdust idea, if it really works. This is a really KOOL idea especially in these hotter Texas hunts...
    nm

Comment

Still had some ice in the jugs this morning but didn't need them.

Sent from my iCrapper

Comment

thats greatness

Comment

LMAO... This is great. I would add an adjustable voltage regulator to the fans and play with air speed. Great Idea! Keep posting em.....

Comment

Seems like it won't be long before you'll need to put HOT water in that cooler instead of ice. It's crazy how we went from 110 degree days to 80 degree days in what seemed like overnight!

Comment

thats pretty neat

Comment

This may sound like a diaster but what about building a small rack and placing where the jug is and spacing so air comes up from underneath. Then throw 5 or so Sterno cans on there for heat?? I dont think with the Sterno there would be any issue with a fire danger unless it gets knocked around so just have to watch out for that. I may build one and try it out just to see if could also be a heater in winter

Comment

For heat, I have a buddy heater

Comment

ya i was just thinking. lol I want to make one for next yr to use as a/c but figure if i could make a heater out of it then would give me a reason to build it now.

Comment

I don't know how well it would work for heat but it may be worth a try. It keeps me comfy on warm sunny days in the sleeper blind.

Sent from my iCrapper

Comment

ya i doubt it will work too well but im gonna give it a shot. I got all the stuff to do it, just been putting it off but this give me new ideas to play with so maybe ill get it done now. I'll post up so results once get it done

Comment

once the batteries go bad you need to check into gel cell batteries like on motorized wheel chairs. I use one on a old harley and they are made to drain to nothing and recharge over and over again and the 12volt are small like the 6 volt.

Comment

Cool idea. Pun intended...

Comment

We use these in our road race cars. While sitting on hot pit with air temps at 106* I have to turn it off periodically because my teeth are chattering. When inside temps in the car reach 160*+, it feels great. It is an expensive set up mainly due to the spill proof cooler at the Gs we are pulling. You could build the cooler and pump and buy the shirt and lines. Just another approach.

Comment

Ok Clint, just to clarify.......we're now running two of those little fans (approx. 100cfm each, two 3" PVC outlet vents, and two gallon jugs froze solid???? What kind of battery power did you end up with? Anything you'd change?

I'm gettin ready to try one of these for a bow box. This thread has been awesome, but I wanted to make sure I got my crap together before I get started. Any other tips or info would be welcome also!

Comment

Working...
                                X