Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your favorite time throughout your time on earth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back when Coke was still cola and a joint was a bad place to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
      I think if I could re-live any point of my life it would be when my two oldest kids were little. I was gone a lot, making a living, and missed a bunch of their stuff that I only got to see in pictures. Life/work has changed since then so I've gotten to really be there for the youngest.

We don't realize what's really important until it's too late to go back.

Great thread.

So many people miss the point in this post. People get so hung up in chasing $$ that they lose sight of what they are losing in exchange. Time is the biggest thief and you can never get it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

For me, its right now.

Comment

No greater time than right now!

Comment

I will say today as well
            Its hard to pick a certain time in my life. But my upbringing for sure made the person I am today. My parents were broke, both high school drop outs who had various jobs to make ends meat. We bounced from rent house to rent house and many times did not have electricity. I finally found out when I was in my teens why my dad would go out to the curb at night and we would have about 1 hour for all of us to take a shower. Taking all of our clothes' to the washeteria and going to wait in food bank lines to get food for the week. I had no idea what was going on until I made it to high school and realized we were poor. My sister dropped out of school, keeping the family tradition of dropping out going strong. Give me a few years and I followed in her footsteps after 3 high schools in 4 years I dropped out as well. The next week I caught a bus to UH Main campus and challenged the GED and passed it on my first try. Started working at a point of sale company making better money than my parents had ever made. Enrolled in HCC and eventually finished my associates degree. enrolled in SHSU where it took me a total of 14 years to achieve a BS in Criminal justice and paid for it as I went no loans. During all that time I met my wife had a child, paid off everything including the house and cars. we have been able to buy my parents an acre of land across from our farm and put a trailer house on it for them so we don't have to worry about them. Life is not always easy, even when you don't know any better but cherish everyday because you never know when tomorrow wont be there for you

Comment

Pretty awesome right now.

Retired now have a my 1yo grand-daughter who "helps me" feed cows, ride in the cam-am, fish, and anything else SHE WANTS TO DO.

Funny how grandkids give you patience......I now understand "wrapped around her little finger" and "spoiled rotten" a little better.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                I will say today as well
                Its hard to pick a certain time in my life. But my upbringing for sure made the person I am today. My parents were broke, both high school drop outs who had various jobs to make ends meat. We bounced from rent house to rent house and many times did not have electricity. I finally found out when I was in my teens why my dad would go out to the curb at night and we would have about 1 hour for all of us to take a shower. Taking all of our clothes' to the washeteria and going to wait in food bank lines to get food for the week. I had no idea what was going on until I made it to high school and realized we were poor. My sister dropped out of school, keeping the family tradition of dropping out going strong. Give me a few years and I followed in her footsteps after 3 high schools in 4 years I dropped out as well. The next week I caught a bus to UH Main campus and challenged the GED and passed it on my first try. Started working at a point of sale company making better money than my parents had ever made. Enrolled in HCC and eventually finished my associates degree. enrolled in SHSU where it took me a total of 14 years to achieve a BS in Criminal justice and paid for it as I went no loans. During all that time I met my wife had a child, paid off everything including the house and cars. we have been able to buy my parents an acre of land across from our farm and put a trailer house on it for them so we don't have to worry about them. Life is not always easy, even when you don't know any better but cherish everyday because you never know when tomorrow wont be there for you
                That was a good read and full of inspiration that so many in similar situations need to hear. Thanks for posting sir.

Comment

If I had the chance I’d take my grandpa and my old lab hunting again together one more time. I’d try to learn something new from him and take it a little easier on her and just make another memory of them together. He passed away and I had to put her down of old age complications about a month later.

Comment

Right now! If my body was younger now is an amazing time . I don't know about tomorrow but man today is great.

Comment

I've been on a gravy train with biscuit wheels for 60 years.

I'd just like to do it all one more time.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                        Back when Coke was still cola and a joint was a bad place to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        I know those lyrics!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X