• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
    We drank Tang
    …and it shows.

Comment

Out east, I used to break twigs off, skin them and chew them. No sassafras in centex as far as Ive not found. Ive only had sassafras tea a handful of times. That sucks its considered carcinogenic.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
        Persimmon tea is danged good stuff. I make it from the young tender leaves when my tree is first budded out in the spring.
        It's certainly an acquired taste.

Comment

I’ve never heard of sassafras causing cancer. As for the toxicity of the compound saferol(?), I wonder if this has more to do with it being administered in it’s isolated form or in unnaturally high concentration (I.e., to lab rats).

I see no reason not to enjoy an occasional cup of sassafras tea. Personally, though, I’d rather drink a Dr Pepper.

Comment

Keep file' on the counter year round! Guess I'm doomed....lol.[emoji43]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

My grandmother made the tea for us grandkids growing up in Tennessee. I liked it. Remember the box of roots in a box in the kitchen. This is in the early fifties.

Comment

Sassafras causes cancer?? kinda like the vaccine stops covid?

Comment

Originally posted by orchard View Post
                  Sassafras causes cancer?? kinda like the vaccine stops covid?
                  Only in Kaliforny !

Comment

If I had a sack of roots I’d cook up a pot full right now. Love that stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I drank it all the time as a kid. Root bark, dried then used.

Comment

Sassafras moonshine.

Comment

Now I feel I was deprived as a child !
                          My grandma only drank beer. That was all we ever got. Beer or water.

Comment

Nothing wrong with BEER!

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                              I’ve never heard of sassafras causing cancer. As for the toxicity of the compound saferol(?), I wonder if this has more to do with it being administered in it’s isolated form or in unnaturally high concentration (I.e., to lab rats).

I see no reason not to enjoy an occasional cup of sassafras tea. Personally, though, I’d rather drink a Dr Pepper.

From what I understand they feed them extremely concentrated dowses that are unrealistic to ever come up.

I believe the char on grilled meats also is labeled carcinogenic…. So hope y’all dont like steak either lol

I hate the taste but wish I didn’t. Would be fun to make.

Comment

Anyone that could dig me a plant or two? I would like to grow a little around the house. PM me I would sure appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                                X