Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monday Night Episode…What Happened Here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday Night Episode…What Happened Here?

Shot this little boar a couple weeks ago. Seems pretty obvious what happens. Or does it? He’s got 50 yards to make the fence. Does he make it and gone forever? This one is a great example of how the eyes can deceive you. Does he go down at the end or did he take off, never to be seen again? Did the arrow make Pass through? What do y’all see/think?

63 lbs. 454 gr. Gravedigger hybrid Easton Injexion

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lymCZuAZYBI"]04/15/22 River Boar - YouTube[/ame]

Dead piggy

Comment

Not a pass through. He’s dead. I couldn’t tell what happened at the end.

Comment

I see broadhead stopping in opposite shoulder maybe and pig thrashing around like they do when they are running on fumes

Comment

No pass through. He died. Kinda looks like he slid along the fence and hopefully he was laying at the fence.

Comment

It sure didn't look like a pass through, since the lighted nock appears to stay in the animal for at least the first few yards. It did look like he made some kind of lunge right at the end of the video. Not sure if that was a dying lunge or something else.

Comment

My idea of pass thru is broadhead breaks hide on opposite side of entry. Complete pass thru is arrow flying or falling out the opposite side of entry either on the shot or as the animal runs off. That’s just always how I’ve worded or thought of it. Doesn’t mean I’m right. Lol

Comment

I couldn’t begin to make an educated guess, but I found it interesting to note that the animal seemed to react a millisecond or two before the projectile appeared to make contact. Not sure if this is typical or coincidental. Or it may just be that I need new glasses.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                  I couldn’t begin to make an educated guess, but I found it interesting to note that the animal seemed to react a millisecond or two before the projectile appeared to make contact. Not sure if this is typical or coincidental. Or it may just be that I need new glasses.
                  Save your money, KK. It’s normal. Good catch.

Comment

I vote dead with an exit wound.

Comment

I believe the pig did die. Kind of looked like he was flopping at the end. Not sure if it poked a hole in offside shoulder.

Comment

dead, no second hole, last frame is where you found him.

Comment

That should be a dead pig, he may have made it to the fence but I bet he didnt get passed it.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                            noticed as well. Is that just instinct or what? Looks like a close shot, and a good shot FishnD.

Comment

I think the end is his death point. I find lots of animals stop, then take a right or left turn at the final seconds. It’s like they try to make one final run as the tunnel opens up.

Comment

Working...
                              X