Covid- Sore Throat from He**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BLee15 View Post
    Well I thought I was going never get it. Made it all this time and never got it. Went to care now today thinking I had strep but came back as COVID. Hands down this is the worst throat pain I’ve ever experience. Just swallowing water the pain is almost unbearable. Probably some of the worst chills I’ve ever experience as well from this thing also. How long did the sore through last? Not sure what I did to deserve this but don’t wish it on anyone. Thanks Guy!

Did they test you for strep??

I had Covid again a few weeks ago and the sore throat was the absolutely almost unbearable and it would not heal. After day 8 and I had also developed a bad ear infection I went back to the doctor and the nurse told me that the biggest issue with omicron is secondary infections and not the virus
    Many doctors are prescribing antibiotics when you test positive to knock out any bacterial infection you may get
    You may have strep or a secondary infection
    Don’t wait thinking it’s Covid and that it’s going to get better , find some amoxicillin and it will likely be gone in two days which is what it took for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Tested for strep and covid. Strep came back negative. Doc said everyone that has been coming in thinks it’s strep also but it’s covid. They didn’t prescribe anything but did get some throat numbing gargle that didn’t do much. Feels like my throat is closing in on itself and it feels like glass is scraping my throat when I try to swallow anything

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
      Did they test you for strep??

I had Covid again a few weeks ago and the sore throat was the absolutely almost unbearable and it would not heal. After day 8 and I had also developed a bad ear infection I went back to the doctor and the nurse told me that the biggest issue with omicron is secondary infections and not the virus
      Many doctors are prescribing antibiotics when you test positive to knock out any bacterial infection you may get
      You may have strep or a secondary infection
      Don’t wait thinking it’s Covid and that it’s going to get better , find some amoxicillin and it will likely be gone in two days which is what it took for me

Comment

Sounds like strep. No throat pain on earth like that from strep.

Comment

Hot tea honey and whiskey... it'll pass

Comment

Originally posted by gumbl3 View Post
            Hot tea honey and whiskey... it'll pass
            See, this man knows

Comment

I’m on day 3-4 right now and it’s the same for me with the sore throat. Haven’t been sleeping well because of the sore throat and haven’t found anything good to sooth it. Also congested and taking mucinex for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BLee15 View Post
                Tested for strep and covid. Strep came back negative. Doc said everyone that has been coming in thinks it’s strep also but it’s covid. They didn’t prescribe anything but did get some throat numbing gargle that didn’t do much. Feels like my throat is closing in on itself and it feels like glass is scraping my throat when I try to swallow anything

Find some antibiotics

I kept thinking it will heal
                It wouldn’t
                4 amoxicillin and I was good to go
                I also went back to the doctor around day 5 and they told me oh it’s just Covid keep doing what we told you which was basically nothing
                Went to a different doctor the last time and said absolutely nothing about having Covid and they actually treated me

Once you have tested positive and the doctor knows it they will not deviate from the bs Covid protocols which is go home and die

Comment

Not sure I if we had it or not 2 weeks ago I had major ear pressure and tickles starting in throat. Cleaned ear nightly with peroxide and drank warm tea. Never got a sore throat but developed a cough that lasted for several days. My wife last Friday started having chills and temp, woke up Saturday morning with the sore throat yall explained. It just went away on yesterday. Could be Rona, could be strep who knows. She now has runny nose and slight cough

Comment

Correct River Rat, its turned into an infection regardless of being positive for Strep. Folk think Strep is the only throat infection.

Its no different that sinus, ear, infections or pneumonia being residual to another illness.

Comment

Just got over it today. Started with headache Monday & Tuesday waking me up in the middle of the night Scratchy throat and foggy headed throughout the week. Feeling good today. Good luck getting better.

Comment

Originally posted by Voodoo View Post
                        Correct River Rat, its turned into an infection regardless of being positive for Strep. Folk think Strep is the only throat infection.

Its no different that sinus, ear, infections or pneumonia being residual to another illness.

Yep
                        My wife got it two days before me. She did well and actually went back to work after protocol for two days and then she went way down hill
                        Ended up at the er two days later with double pneumonia
                        3 days of antibiotics and she was better

They are not treating people

Comment

My wife got sick first. Took only vitamins, mild symptoms lasted about 4 days. I started feeling bad a week later. First day I felt dizzy. Then lots of coughing and my throat hurt really bad for about 4 days. Fever for 3 days off and on. I started on ivermectin day 2. Was much sicker than I thought I would be. Definitely more than a my wife. Felt about back to normal on day 7. Days 3 and 4 sucked!

Comment

Worst thing I had with Omicron was extremely sore throat. Much Different than delta.

Comment

I had it a few weeks ago.

Day 1 & 2 was just sinus like congestion, but very mild.
                              Day 3 - 4 was severe fatigue, with mild congestion and sporadic headaches.
                              Day 5 - 8 was the sorest throat I have ever had in my life.

Day 7 I started on amoxicillin, and things began to improve quite a bit.

Comment

Not sure I had covid or not but back in July had the worst sore throat I've ever had.

Days 1-3 sharp pains in throat, hurt to swallow water, kept me awake at night pain
                                Days 4-6 got better but still scratchy

I got tested on day 4 for covid and strep but both neg.

I treated with zinc lozenges and hot toddies using whiskey that was 90+ proof and honey mixed in it. Went through a bag of halls a day.

I'm already taking zinc with the other vitamins but the zinc lozenge I would take 3 times a day. They are 15mg each so bumped my zinc from 15mg up to 60mg a day. I also bumped up my vitamin c.

Comment

Working...
                                X