2021 Formula 1 Season!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F1addict View Post
    I personally haven’t seen them either, but from what I understand they are getting deleted pretty quick.

It was a racing accident. Hamilton was penalized. End of story.

If people are getting this upset over this incident, they would be losing their mind over the Senna / Prost battles from years ago.

I thought the first half lap of Silverstone was some of the best racing I’ve seen in a long time. I hope they both keep it up.

Had anyone heard if Verstappen will start in Hungary in two weeks? Is he out of the hospital yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I didn't watch F1 back then but seen some documentaries and Senna and Prost did their best to try and kill each other. Max was released with a bill of health but I can't imagine he is not some kind of concussed, next race isn't until Aug after olympic break and then they have another 4 week break so if he was going to have an injury of some kind probably picked a good time for it.

Comment

It looks like he’s planning on starting the next race. Good for him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Straight from the F1 rule book. Seems the stewards were in the right with the penalty, severity of said penalty is up to their interpretation.

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
          Ha! well then it dang well better be!

I am going to have to get on tickets for this now! I am going to the Dutch Grand Prix this year but Miami sounds fantastic.
          Wow!!![emoji2962] I am jealous sir. I am truly considering slowing down on the bowhunting trips and doing more F1 global races with the family.
          The Miami folks reached out with a voicemail while I was in Zambia [emoji1268] but I erased the message to call them back by mistake.[emoji37]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have been inundated it seems with post about how racist the comments have been toward Hamilton on social media after the incident with Verstappen and how there is no room for this in the sport. I agree with the latter but I have yet to see anything racist on facebook or instagram. I have seen a lot of people who are fed up with his BS or felt like he deserved more than 10s, but I have seen not a single racist comment towards him. Am I missing something? Curious if the green screen has seen otherwise?
            Yes, they were being taken down immediately. I was told it was pretty crude stuff. As bad as the crap the so called soccer fans did the week before following the loss to Italy in the championship. Verstappen and Christian Horner both denounced the remarks immediately and said those people were not Red Bull or F1 fans. Being at a few F1 races we have never seen that vile attitude among fans. Very disappointing to see it still raises its head often in 1st world countries. I would think F1 would push back hard on letting that element creep into the sport however.

Comment

Straight from the F1 rule book. Seems the stewards were in the right with the penalty, severity of said penalty is up to their interpretation.

Interesting diagram. Thx for sharing that.[emoji106]

Former F1 driver Jolyon Palmer dissects what was the most controversial and dramatic moment in the British Grand Prix at Silverstone – and one that could have huge implications on the championship battle...
              Last edited by Landrover; 07-20-2021, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                Yes, they were being taken down immediately. I was told it was pretty crude stuff. As bad as the crap the so called soccer fans did the week before following the loss to Italy in the championship. Verstappen and Christian Horner both denounced the remarks immediately and said those people were not Red Bull or F1 fans. Being at a few F1 races we have never seen that vile attitude among fans. Very disappointing to see it still raises its head often in 1st world countries. I would think F1 would push back hard on letting that element creep into the sport however.

The soccer clubs get pretty rowdy, I wasn't surprised to see it there. I still haven't seen anything re:hamilton though so it seems they are policing that well which is good. Part of it seems a little convenient to take the heat that was building off Lewis for the wreck but if the comments truly were that bad, obviously that isn't OK. Everything I have seen has been general attitude/Silverstone related commentary. I think Horner got out there quick because his comments right after the race I think sparked some quick controversy that then took off on social media in a way he probably never intended. He insinuated that Lewis "took out" Max which I disagree with but I think fans too that and ran.

F1 is doing a bit of damage control for Lewis it seems. They ran some old Senna interviews and film on IG yesterday which is a little overboard for me. Let them race.....stop trying to police everything under the sun and let people not like Lewis and/or Max bc that is what fans do.

Comment

Wow!!![emoji2962] I am jealous sir. I am truly considering slowing down on the bowhunting trips and doing more F1 global races with the family.
                  The Miami folks reached out with a voicemail while I was in Zambia [emoji1268] but I erased the message to call them back by mistake.[emoji37]

Duck hunting and F1 have become my new focus for travel. Im going to look into Miami. If i can find some tickets I will let you know. Would be fun to link up with a TBH'er there! I have some friends in finance that are now Miami based so it would be a fun trip. They moved out of NYC during COVID and shipped offices to Miami....tough life.

A colleague of mine is Dutch and still has a home in Amsterdam so we are going to stay at his place. I am very excited to see the new track! Also trying to make Barcelona happen next season. One of my good friends is from Spain and wants to go.

Comment

That move reeked of desperation by Lewis. He knew if he didn't come out of that corner ahead he was done. The gap b/t Max and the wall leading into that corner was almost nonexistent, as well.
                    Having said that, i thought the penalty was fair. Ferrari still has a ways to go- they got caught in a hurry on fresher tires. My man Alonso had a good race and finish.
                    And Silverstone is an awesome track- those high speed corners are fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Charrison View Post
                      That move reeked of desperation by Lewis. He knew if he didn't come out of that corner ahead he was done. The gap b/t Max and the wall leading into that corner was almost nonexistent, as well.
                      Having said that, i thought the penalty was fair. Ferrari still has a ways to go- they got caught in a hurry on fresher tires. My man Alonso had a good race and finish.
                      And Silverstone is an awesome track- those high speed corners are fun to watch.
                      I don't disagree. RB has been faster in the corners and had great general pace all year. I think Lewis knew that if he was behind coming out of Copse, Max would hang some serious time on him in the upcoming section. That being said, it was pure luck that Max was the one who got taken out vs Lewis. The thing I have heard repeatedly that I disagree with completely is that "Max had plenty of room to yield"....yes, but why would the heck would the guy on the race line, in front of the attacker ever yield. Also, the part about all of this that makes it easy to hate on Lewis is his post race interview saying, and I am paraphrasing here, "....Max was too aggressive, he doesn't need to drive that aggressive." Just ticks me off.....if he would just say hey, we were both elbows out and neither gave, I am just lucky it was him that ended up DNF and not me and hope hes OK, but that is what happens sometimes when you race hard.....my God I would respect the heck out of him.

Comment

I have read about 6 opinion pieces on the wreck. Pretty much split down the middle on who was right......more importantly all F1 reporters said 10 seconds was fair.......and the comments by fans are not wanted in this sport. I can see both sides on the crash (and I am a Hamilton fan) but the losers attempting to taint the sport with vile negativity can geaux away. The F1 brand has carved out a niche' not seen in decades in any sport!!! Hamilton, not unlike Tiger has revolutionized the sport. Being awarded a "knighthood" is not something just thrown around by the queen.

Comment

I have read about 6 opinion pieces on the wreck. Pretty much split down the middle on who was right......more importantly all F1 reporters said 10 seconds was fair.......and the comments by fans are not wanted in this sport. I can see both sides on the crash (and I am a Hamilton fan) but the losers attempting to taint the sport with vile negativity can geaux away. The F1 brand has carved out a niche' not seen in decades in any sport!!! Hamilton, not unlike Tiger has revolutionized the sport. Being awarded a "knighthood" is not something just thrown around by the queen.

Is there a way to see the stewards ruling? I am just curious to learn how they look at it since they are the only ones who actually matter. I haven't read anyone saying it wasn't a racing incident which is the most telling thing to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudshack View Post
                            Yes. I agree. I want to see Max beat Lewis this year, but there was nothing malicious in this incident. It was racing. He went a little wide and Max didn't give....in fact max turned into Lewis. The move Max made on the previous left hander was more dangerous by him throwing his car through the inside.

It was all racing.

But yeh....its much more harsh when speeds are 170+ and you run into a bunch of tires. Seriously...with how much money that is spent on F1 you would think that they would have better barriers than a bunch of old tires painted and a posterboard screwed to the front.
                            Its a game of milimeters....They were racing. Just cuz you get into a corner like you never had doesn't mean its not racing.

Comment

Is there a way to see the stewards ruling? I am just curious to learn how they look at it since they are the only ones who actually matter. I haven't read anyone saying it wasn't a racing incident which is the most telling thing to me.
                              I could not find nor have I ever seen their official rulings. There are two articles on how Masi (who is over the FIA) viewed the rulings. Not exactly what you were looking for but gives some decent insight. "Rulings are made on the incidents......NOT the outcome of the incident!"

FIA Race Director Michael Masi has defended the decision of the British Grand Prix race stewards to award Lewis Hamilton a 10-second penalty for his part in the clash that saw Max Verstappen retire from the Silverstone race on Lap 1.

Comment

I could not find nor have I ever seen their official rulings. There are two articles on how Masi (who is over the FIA) viewed the rulings. Not exactly what you were looking for but gives some decent insight. "Rulings are made on the incidents......NOT the outcome of the incident!"

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...SoCDsfahy.html

I like how all the teams immediately phone Masi and he is not and has no bearing on the stewards. [emoji1787] really wish there was a record of their minutes when they discussed the penalty but I’m sure they like not having to argue with their own historical public record haha.

So we had an interesting conversation today, we being a bunch of buddies who follow F1. One guy believes the penalties are now being more strictly enforced and focused more on outcome of incidents more so than the incessant itself. Your quote was curious timing for this conversation. The same guy contended that if Hamilton would have been the driver who fell out, Verstappen would have received a penalty strictly due to how aggressive they were both driving and because in theory he “could” have lifted. This seems so backward to me but curious what say you.

Comment

Working...
                                X