No game warden and the poachers know it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dakota7493 View Post
    I’ve been hunting and fishing down here for about 15 years now and have only been seen by a warden one time.

Comment

This brought back some memories about a GW I got to know pretty well many years past in Sterling County. Gene Posey was a very good and personable GW and I'm sure he has passed as it's been a lot of water under the bridge since then.

I've never established any contact with the GW's in the Robert Lee area, in fact never even been checked for a long time. One thing I do know, from experience these Men and Women do it "alone" the majority of their time in the field and have my utmost respect. Like many, I always had at least "some" backup within a short time if I needed it, but it's a very dangerous job as we all can assume.

As a side note, the author CJ Box and the Joe Pickett series of novels focuses on a GW in Wyoming, great reads IMO...fiction novels.

Comment

Can y'all stand your ground on that poacher?

According to the LNN(Libtard News Network), the Texas SYG laws allow y'all to shoot somebody if they pass by your land and get too close to the property line.

Comment

Originally posted by 17ncs View Post
          Good catch, Paul!

Comment

Get a rope!

Comment

We were hunting muzzleloader antelope the other day, and Had my hunting partner in a pop up blind. Normally we have our truck parked close to the blind, but in this case I drove off to check another field which left only the blind visible . My partner is a full time LEO. A truck drove into the private property we were on, and the one guy shot out of the window, then after chasing the herd a little closer, the other guy got out and shot off the hood. They wounded a little dink buck, and did not follow it up and harvest it. Both of these are illegal in Idaho.

Partner called me and I quickly returned so she could exit the blind when I drove up, the other guys saw my partner get out and realized they had been watched the whole time. Called the CAP Hotline (Citizens Against Poaching) and they contacted the local GW and they got the two people in 2 hours. Prior violations the previous year for the same things!

Comment

Working...
              X