Put a new string on and dang!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put a new string on and dang!

I have not put a new one on in about 8 years.
    Been shooting really good lately. Anyway I cant get close to normal groups. I do know it will get better but it sure is frustrating at the moment.

The brace height keeps changing for awhile. I have to adjust for the first few hundred shots.

Gary

Comment

Drt where you getting strings? Mine settle in about 30 shot or less

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I use a Flemish twist made by DanielB89. They take a little longer to settle. Thought about changing but I like the looks.

Gary

Comment

Mine are Flemish as well I use bcy x

Comment

PM sent.

Gary

Comment

I had to adjust it twice in probanly 50 shots.

Comment

If it is not the same string material and strand count as the old string, it can totally screw up your tune!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                  If it is not the same string material and strand count as the old string, it can totally screw up your tune!

Bisch

It appears.to be the same material nut I dony know about string count.

Comment

It’s hard to tell by looking at string material it all looks the same for the most part. How’s your nock fit

Comment

Originally posted by Dkincaid View Post
                      It’s hard to tell by looking at string material it all looks the same for the most part. How’s your nock fit

It seems to fit about the same.
                      I was just trying to set up a backup string since my current one is 8 years old. I'll fart with it more today then put my old string back on and be happy

Comment

Do you unstring your bow after your practice session?
                        Try leaving the bow strung after shooting for a week or two to stretch and break in the string.
                        My bow is about the same as yours, so I leave it strung all season. If leaving it strung is going to hurt it, who cares?

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                          It appears.to be the same material nut I dony know about string count.

I would bet my bottom dollar that if you did not know for sure what the old string is made from, that the new string is a different material (esp if you did mot get it from the same string maker). You just have to play with things a bit to get everything back in sync.

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo47 View Post
                            Do you unstring your bow after your practice session?
                            Try leaving the bow strung after shooting for a week or two to stretch and break in the string.
                            My bow is about the same as yours, so I leave it strung all season. If leaving it strung is going to hurt it, who cares?
                            this x2....as soon as I get a new string for my bow, I string it up and shoot it about 20-30 times...then I put it up for 2 weeks strung, THEN I really start to tune it after that after the stretch has settled and I don't have any problems with inconsistency with the tune

Comment

If it doesn't settle out give Steve @ Mountain Muffler a call and he'll get your squared away with an awesome string!

Comment

Working...
                              X