Vape warnings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vape warnings

U.S. health officials urging people to stop using e-cigarettes; Casey Stegall reports from Dallas.

A good friend of mine is at the hospital now trying to keep his son alive. His boy was 20 years old and healthy as a horse just last week. He is one of the 3 Houston area cases the article is speaking of.
    Please keep them in your prayers. If you know someone that is doing this stuff please pass it along.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

So sad but I think lots of us saw this coming.

Comment

That's terrible and I'll be praying for your friends son. My 18yr old vapes and I have been working hard to get him to stop. He says(and some news stories say) that the issue is with vaping THC not nicotine. Do you know if he was just doing normal vape?

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter Dan View Post
        That's terrible and I'll be praying for your friends son. My 18yr old vapes and I have been working hard to get him to stop. He says(and some news stories say) that the issue is with vaping THC not nicotine. Do you know if he was just doing normal vape?
        IDK. His Dad say he has a buildup if vitamin E and glycerin in his lungs that has chemically burned his lungs inside. I know from my days of refining bio diesel that Glycerin is a byproduct of a oily substance. Probably not a good thing to be putting oily stuff down your lungs. They are worried he may never be the same. Kid was a ace Pitcher in High school going to T A&M for Mechanical engineering.

Comment

Absolutely awful. Prayers for the young man.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
            IDK. His Dad say he has a buildup if vitamin E and glycerin in his lungs that has chemically burned his lungs inside. I know from my days of refining bio diesel that Glycerin is a byproduct of a oily substance. Probably not a good thing to be putting oily stuff down your lungs. They are worried he may never be the same. Kid was a ace Pitcher in High school going to T A&M for Mechanical engineering.
            Well sorry to hear that, I am afraid this problem is going to get much bigger. So many people and kids are using this stuff. They just made the legal age 21 to buy the stuff, but my kid has had no problem getting it since he was 16.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter Dan View Post
              His source is probably the article I read that was from a publication friendly to the vaping industry. Said it was "black market" products. I call bs 10 on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                His source is probably the article I read that was from a publication friendly to the vaping industry. Said it was "black market" products. I call bs 10 on that.
                Yeah I have a freind at my church that owns a bunch of vape stores that is trying to say his products are safe. I tell him to keep the crap away from my kids.

Comment

Prohibition of cannabis makes it easier for black market products to make its way to consumers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers sent for the young man...

This will end up being a health crisis like this country has never seen if something isn't done, and done quick, to get this crap off the market..

Comment

From the stories I've heard up north it was chronic vapers with nicotine & I don't think it matters what you are smoking if vaping all the time.

Yeah, I'm sure black market stuff adds another bad variable, but what I've heard from my buddies trying to quit the sticks & started vaping is you end up smoking more. Before they had to be in their car, or designated area & was somewhat of a pain to get your fix. With vaping they said you could use it in the office, lying in bed or the rest room in a fancy restaurant, etc.

My son is 21 & does it occasionally but boy is momma on his butt about it...I need to quit the cope myself!!

Comment

From what I have seen all cases like that are from vitamin e which if from vaping oil used in thc cartridges. Oil is not added to nicotine juices but it is added as a thickening agent for the thc.

Thc cartridges are fairly new , vaping has been around 15 years and none of these cases. Now all the sudden they are trying to blame e cigs for all this.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                          So sad but I think lots of us saw this coming.

I’m with ya in this . No one knows what kind of chemicals are in the vape juices.

Comment

Time will tell. Just look how long it took for tobacco to finally admit the problems it caused. Big money keeps pols quiet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                              I’m with ya in this . No one knows what kind of chemicals are in the vape juices.
                              The chemist mixing them does. He's concerned with selling more so I'm sure they are looking out for the health and longevity of their clients. Yea right.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X