No announcement yet.

My Kids Got Drawn At Mineral Wells!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dairy mart has a very good burger but they clos at 8 so if you go it needs to be lunch

Comment

Originally posted by Passafist View Post
      Dairy mart has a very good burger but they clos at 8 so if you go it needs to be lunch
      I've been driving past dary mart forever. Never stopped. Next time we are out that way I'll try it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
        Got confirmation that we can camp at the park and already have a spot booked.

I spoke with the head lady there and she is checking with her contact in Austin about letting my wife be a chaperone so that my kids can split up.
        Hunted here with my son a couple years ago. Good deer numbers with pre-baited stands. Kids draw numbers for stands.

Unusual that she said she needed to call Austin because most of the sites are given the freedom to make the call on things like additional chaperones. I know other places have allowed an additional chaperone BUT I did hunt one place that told a "mom" that showed up to be a chaperone and didn't have the permit that she wasn't allowed to hunt. Dad had to sit with both kids in the same blind. Hope they let you use her as a chaperone.

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBoy View Post
          Hunted here with my son a couple years ago. Good deer numbers with pre-baited stands. Kids draw numbers for stands.

Unusual that she said she needed to call Austin because most of the sites are given the freedom to make the call on things like additional chaperones. I know other places have allowed an additional chaperone BUT I did hunt one place that told a "mom" that showed up to be a chaperone and didn't have the permit that she wasn't allowed to hunt. Dad had to sit with both kids in the same blind. Hope they let you use her as a chaperone.
          I agree. I read on here that last year at Mineral Wells they let a girlfriend of the dad chaperone. When I brought it up to her she said "I'm not sure because we only have 10 blinds." To which I said "yes and my kids should be assigned 8,9 and 10. They were drawn individually not as a whole."

She was nice about it but just seemed unsure. I would hate for my kids spots to go to standby hunters while we are all crammed in 1 blind.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Passafist View Post
            Been eating Dairy Mart for a loooong time. Good stuff!

Comment

Got word yesterday that they will allow my wife to be a chaperone!

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
                I agree. I read on here that last year at Mineral Wells they let a girlfriend of the dad chaperone. When I brought it up to her she said "I'm not sure because we only have 10 blinds." To which I said "yes and my kids should be assigned 8,9 and 10. They were drawn individually not as a whole."

She was nice about it but just seemed unsure. I would hate for my kids spots to go to standby hunters while we are all crammed in 1 blind.

Now I'm gonna be really curious to see how they handle that. If the kids drew out individually, they should be treated as individuals, not one unit. They should be allowed to hunt in separate blinds.
                Let us know how that shakes out.

Comment

Working...
                X