TBH Youth Cowboys and Cowgirls 2019 rodeo dreams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CLR View Post
    Who is Lane's father? Carl Lee by chance?
    Yes sir Carl Lee is his dad

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
      Can't wait to watch Riley run at the American. Sarah and I are going to look at horse this weekend that friend saved from a kill pen. He knew the horse and it was a good breakaway horse. Hopefully it will fit Sarah so I have a horse at my place for her to ride. She finally started riding again and said she is ready to start competing again this spring. I need to bring Sarah out at some point so she can ride with Riley.
      We haven’t made it to the American just the Patriot. End goal is getting through the Semis and making the Finals. Great opportunity for Riley. Good luck on trying the horse.

Comment

Originally posted by ranchdog View Post
        Not sure if this is any help but you may wish to contact some reining trainers and see what they have. There are good solid horses for sale that may not make the top end reiners but they have a huge solid foundation on them that you could then take on to do the rodeo events on. Often times the owners are willing to except a reasonable offer on as they want to move on to the next young horse they are looking for. Most Reining trainers won't sell you a horse that is not kid safe, they will tell you its too much horse. Doesn't mean its a bad horse, just that its got a big motor and uses it. You can search Facebook for reining horses for discussion and there are lots of horses and trainers up there. Also Pilot Point Texas is the reining trainer capital of the world and if you go up there and talk to a few of them they all network to get a horse sold to the right youth many times.

Good Luck.

Ranchdog
        We actually have a 5 year old reining and show horse right now that we are working on. We are looking at trained barrel horses. We are trying to get out of the horse training and into the rodeo competing.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
          Yes sir Carl Lee is his dad
          I have known Carl Lee for a long time. I do not know his kids but last time I spoke to Carl, he said his son was doing well in competition.

Comment

Originally posted by CLR View Post
            I have known Carl Lee for a long time. I do not know his kids but last time I spoke to Carl, he said his son was doing well in competition.
            Carl Lee is a great friend and was a mentor too me. I was fortunate to compete along side him and learn so much. Great guy. His son will someday contend for a Worlds Championship. He is my pick for Rookie of the Year this yr and I wouldn’t be the least surprised to see him make his first NFR

Comment

Just watched a video aggie2000tx sent me of a horse they found, if they get it. Well give those two a yr or 2 and they are gonna take some money

Comment

Just watched a video aggie2000tx sent me of a horse they found, if they get it. Well give those two a yr or 2 and they are gonna take some money
                Oh we are buying the horse

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                  Oh we are buying the horse
                  Right on!!! I’m excited for you guys!!!

Comment

Well the new horse is already getting spoiled

Comment

Spoiled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

congrats on the new horse. Finally had a chance to go look at this horse for my daughter today.Greatvlittle horse. hasn't been ridden in a month and was ready to go like it had been ridden yesterday. it is a solid finished breakaway horse and may get turned into a barrel/poles horse. lots of speed for a 12.3 hands high horse. Gonna go back Saturday and ride it again, but pretty sure it will be coming home with us.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Riley and her ponies... Jessie, Gator, Lucy, Rosie and Blazer. Blazer isn’t with us but he gave her all he had. Gator and Lucy are a hell of a team. They can compete with anybody if Riley rides right. Jesse isn’t far behind and Rosie is one hell of a roping horse. It takes a stable to make a person. Riley has been blessed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	A3A5E377-D80A-468B-87C7-EE68975408D7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	24567851

Comment

Riley and her ponies... Jessie, Gator, Lucy, Rosie and Blazer. Blazer isn’t with us but he gave her all he had. Gator and Lucy are a hell of a team. They can compete with anybody if Riley rides right. Jesse isn’t far behind and Rosie is one hell of a roping horse. It takes a stable to make a person. Riley has been blessed.

[ATTACH]942859[/ATTACH]
                            That's awesome. Also makes me want to go hug my girls and thank them, as I am so appreciative as to how very little a basketball eats.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                              That's awesome. Also makes me want to go hug my girls and thank them, as I am so appreciative as to how very little a basketball eats.
                              That’s the **** truth .... I’ve learned the better the horse the higher the up keep..... but they are equine athletes and it takes special horse to make it. Being an old ruffy, I never would have thought I would pay so attention to Barrel horse. The top ones are in a league of their own. ... amazing animals and athletes

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                                Funny that you say that, I just had a discussion with a friend who tried to tell me parents who's kids play select sports spend way more than rodeo parents. I had to laugh. They say only rich folks have horses, I am guessing by rich they mean happy, because I ain't got no money. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X