No announcement yet.

Val Verde County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope we got some good rain in Pandale, Juno area last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

.6 is what our manager said

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
        .6 is what our manager said

That will work

Comment

Supposed to be some more...

this weekend. I'm going out Friday. I hope to be there by 2 PM and get some feeders topped off and sheep hunt a little. i hope it holds off long enough for me to at least get the feeders filled.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
            this weekend. I'm going out Friday. I hope to be there by 2 PM and get some feeders topped off and sheep hunt a little. i hope it holds off long enough for me to at least get the feeders filled.

Lucky I wish I could get out there. Next time I'll be able to go set up my Blind an feeder will end of May begging of June. Can't wait for bow season to come around.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
              Are you still out at the ranch?? We had four inches here in Del Rio along with some large hail and 50 mph winds. Hope it was all rain for the rest of the state.

Comment

I'm home now....

I saw it coming but it was too late to get out. Stuck it out at camp. Killed a hog, coon and found a rattlesnake in the camp house soon after arriving. Rained like the dickens, but only some small hail at the ranch. I'll post pics later.

Comment

Had a pretty good weekend except....

for this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Snake.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	180.7 KB
ID:	24490924

I unloaded the truck into the camp house. Didn't even turn the lights on. Its a two room cabin basically with a living area/kitchen and an attached bathroom. I walked around the kitchen table, turned the lights on from behind the fridge, walked back the same direction and headed for the door to go turn on the water. I turned around to grab something off the kitchen table and spotted him sticking out from under the kitchen sink cabinets. I walked by that snake at least three times. I was wearing tennis shoes and tac pants. I hurriedly put on my snake boots. loaded my .38 with snake shot and went after him. I tried to pin him down and drag him with a broom stick, but he slipped away and went under the cabinet. Great. And now he's pisssst! I drag him out form under the cabinet with the broom, smack him on the head several times to hopefully stun him. Got another broom, made like huge chopsticks and picked him up. Took him outside and finished him. Scared the begeezus out of me. This is the first I've seen on the ranch in 6 years. And it would have to be in the cabin. So I slept (went to bed rather) with my snake boots next to the bed and all the lights were on. Its no wonder I haven't been seeing any mouse droppings around. I did not sleep very well this past weekend.

Finished up filling feeders on Saturday, checking game cams and hunted for those 5 rams. Never did find them. Not even a ewe or lamb. Hunted my stand Saturday evening and whacked this pig near dark.

Click image for larger version

Name:	April pig.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	204.7 KB
ID:	24490925

I could see the storms building, but knew I had no chance of getting out before the storms arrived so I stuck it out. Opened up the barn door in case I needed to move my truck in due to hail. Fortunately, I didn't need to. It did rain though, and it rained hard. I was a little worried the creeks would be running and I wouldn't be able to make it out, but they were fine.

I don't think I'll be going back for awhile.

Comment

Hahaha that snake would've had me sleeping in my truck!!! No way in hell I could've slept in the camp house. Glad to see you found him before you went to bed!

We are headed to the lease April 28th. If we can get everything done that we need to we will try to do a little hunting.

Comment

I thought about sleeping in the truck!

Comment

I hunt in Terrell county and the deer absolutely tear up the Alfalfa.

Comment

That looks like a good eating piggy!! By chance did you find where the snake crawled in??

Comment

No idea how...

but it's a metal building on a slab. I'm pretty sure it found a way to get in, the same as the mice.

Seth, I've never tried it on this place, but I know here in Kerr County they tear it up. They hadn't touched it before I left on Sunday. However, I went back to that stand on Sunday morning and opened the bale up a little so expose the greener stuff. I've got a camera on that feeder too so I'll be able to check it in a month or so.
                            Last edited by SabreKiller; 04-03-2017, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Hey!! Did anyone hear of a fire that happened on 1024? Between juno and pandale? I just got word that a good amount burnt down

Comment

???????????

Comment

Working...
                                X