Sit Drag Saddle Users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
    Do you have adjustments on the leg straps? And my other question is if you had any issues getting the belt height on the fabric situated. I can’t seem to get it just right because I wear mine when I hike in. I’ve gone the route of throwing my bridge over one shoulder to keep the sit drag from sliding, and leaving my legs outside the leg loops but it’s not ideal.

Anyone else got any ideas on how to wear a pack without it interfering with the saddle carry pockets?

My problem is that I carry my bibs/jacket inside my pack and my sticks attached to the backside of the pack. I wish I could figure out a more efficient way but it’s the best I can come up.
    Yes my leg straps have side release buckles on them. The female portion is adjustable. I buckle mine around my waist like a normal belt. No issues. I typically do not buckle the leg straps until i get to my tree.

Id make your pockets easily removable so you can carry them in your pack and then attach them when you take the pack off at your tree. My bridge and linemans belt are long enough that i can keep them behind mine neck when walking.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

What are y’all using for a platform? I used the bullman steps this year and I do not like them, can’t get them to hold up to side pressure without shifting. It seems to me using a metal platform you are adding a good bit of weight.

Comment

Originally posted by SolocamShooter View Post
        What are y’all using for a platform? I used the bullman steps this year and I do not like them, can’t get them to hold up to side pressure without shifting. It seems to me using a metal platform you are adding a good bit of weight.
        I built a platform. It weighs 4 lbs. The weight is negligible. Lightweight has sure become fashionable in the saddle hunting community though.

Comment

Originally posted by SolocamShooter View Post
          If you don't mind me asking how do you get on with the bulman steps to climb with?

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
            I built a platform. It weighs 4 lbs. The weight is negligible. Lightweight has sure become fashionable in the saddle hunting community though.

That’s pretty slick, did you use something that you modified or just build it from scratch?
            Originally posted by Gil67 View Post
            If you don't mind me asking how do you get on with the bulman steps to climb with?
            I don’t climb with the bullman steps I was using them on a ratchet strap for a platform. I never could get them tight enough to the tree to hold up to side pressure.

Comment

I just designed and but from scratch

Comment

I'm all in....bought a Mantis and a Predator.

Comment

Where can you buy sitdrag from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TradHunter View Post

Comment

Any of y’all able to splice climbing rope?

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                        Any of y’all able to splice climbing rope?

Anything I need spliced except Amsteel, I buy spliced...
                        with almost all sheathed ropes, it is WELL worth the cost.

Comment

I put a component list in the diy forum. Was easy to do and works amazing.
                          Attached Files

Comment

These are awesome. Gonna have some questions soon. Getting mine setup.

Comment

Originally posted by TradHunter View Post

I have one I do not use anymore. Excellent condition.

Comment

Working...
                              X