Somerville PHL 18-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GD47 View Post
    Again wrong info.... the season is until Jan 20th your allowed a buck 13in or greater or a spike.... theres no special rule is general season till the 20th
    You are right, I was wrong. There is no late doe/spike season for Lee or Burleson counties, only late youth and muzzleloader. Archery equipment isn't supposed to be allowed during muzzleloader season, so I assumed it was doe/spike season. I guess they made an exception for Somerville PHL since its archery only all season long. Glad I was wrong, maybe I'll get a big one out there in January.

I was wrong on that one, but I'm not wrong about the treestands

Hope you have a good rest of your season out there and tag a big one!!!

Comment

Again wrong info.... the season is until Jan 20th your allowed a buck 13in or greater or a spike.... theres no special rule is general season till the 20th
      Thank you! My season just got longer! Much appreciated.

Comment

Going out there this week for Deer and Ducks! Will report my findings. lol

Comment

Should I go to Nails or the Yeguas first?

Comment

Somerville PHL 18-19

Originally posted by scottimus View Post
            Should I go to Nails or the Yeguas first?

Did deer grow gills?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by Hoggwild; 12-10-2018, 09:47 AM.

Comment

My rule book is from last year but it says you can take two bucks, one greater than 13 one with at least one unbranched antler is that the same this year? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by forest-hunter View Post
                My rule book is from last year but it says you can take two bucks, one greater than 13 one with at least one unbranched antler is that the same this year? Thanks
                This year's book says the same thing, it reads: "Legal buck must have at least one unbranched antler or have a inside main beam spread of 13 inches or greater. Limit 1 buck with an inside spread of 13 inches or greater."

Comment

So you new guys are aware. The lake is full; its sitting at just under 5.5ft above pool. With the brazos flowing high they cant release the water. So everything is/going to back into the WMAs along the Nails Creek and Yegua creek watershed. PLEASE dont attempt to cross any moving water..theres been multiple water rescues over the years on the WMAs where guys have fell into the swollen creeks and cant get out....

Comment

So......what you are saying is that the deer will all gather at the high ground right?...lol

Is there any high ground in the WMAs?

Comment

If you find high ground anywhere in the WMA it wont do you any good. How good are you trailing a blood trail in water?

Comment

I was there sat morning took those pics dry ground is limited and had 3 guys sitting within a 60ydĂ—100 yrd area.... yall have at it lol I can wait a few weeks lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggwild View Post
                          So you new guys are aware. The lake is full; its sitting at just under 5.5ft above pool. With the brazos flowing high they cant release the water. So everything is/going to back into the WMAs along the Nails Creek and Yegua creek watershed. PLEASE dont attempt to cross any moving water..theres been multiple water rescues over the years on the WMAs where guys have fell into the swollen creeks and cant get out....
                          So, that sounds to me like the water will recede more slowly than it did in late October when the WMA flooded. It went down in a matter of days that time, doubt we'll be that lucky this time. Is that what you are expecting?

Comment

Somerville PHL 18-19

Im expecting it to be like this for a week..EASILY. the grounds are saturated. And the lake isnt dumping water into brazos... itll be flooded till christmas my guess.. it hurts to even type that.

Comment

Originally posted by rattler03 View Post
                              So, that sounds to me like the water will recede more slowly than it did in late October when the WMA flooded. It went down in a matter of days that time, doubt we'll be that lucky this time. Is that what you are expecting?
                              We may get luck next week anyone who hunts past low water crossing will still be unable to cross... but we will start seeing dryer land by sat
                              Attached Files

Comment

We may get luck next week anyone who hunts past low water crossing will still be unable to cross... but we will start seeing dryer land by sat
                                That would be great, fingers crossed

Comment

Working...
                                X