No announcement yet.

Chaparral 2018 thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any updates on the deer? I saw them starting to post pictures of the ariel surveys so hopefully we see some monsters

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTrophyBowhunter View Post
      any updates on the deer? I saw them starting to post pictures of the ariel surveys so hopefully we see some monsters
      Saw the aerial pics on the FB page. Looks like 6 pics of only 2 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Czechoholic View Post
        Saw the aerial pics on the FB page. Looks like 6 pics of only 2 bucks.

I saw that they look good though ! I’m sure the monsters are the ones that don’t get seen by heli

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The pics were good but not chap good. Hoping they just missed some. I’m just hoping we either get some early freezes or it really dries up because with all the rain there it’s liable to be a pretty slow early December hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
            The pics were good but not chap good. Hoping they just missed some. I’m just hoping we either get some early freezes or it really dries up because with all the rain there it’s liable to be a pretty slow early December hunt.

You’ll be there the 11-14? I know what you mean about it being so green. I’m hoping sitting in trails and hoping they are starting to rut will help. All we need to see is the doe and the big boys will be in tow

Comment

4-7th, I have been there during this time and if we catch an early front we could see some pre rut action which is actually my fav, bucks are just starting to roam but still interested in feed.

Comment

Who else is counting down the days???
                Any their advice and tips?? Maybe different pastures y’all recommend?

Comment

Picked up my Chap buck, 3rd shoulder mount from 2017. Very pleased with the way it turned out. RW Taxidermy, outstanding work, very detailed, great guy to chat with.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Very nice!!

Comment

Anyone have any idea when they release the hunt maps for this year ??

Comment

Following

Comment

Maybe couple weeks before the hunt. I'll usually call down week or so before and try to get a copy if they havent posted it before.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTrophyBowhunter View Post
                            Anyone have any idea when they release the hunt maps for this year ??

Last few years they've been doing a good job of posting their hunt maps a week or 2 prior to each hunt category on Facebook. I'm gonna be checking regularly but if I don't see anything a week out, I'm going to follow Kactus's lead and contact them directly.

Comment

I don't remember a hunt that I didn't have a shot, and i've been going for 20 years now as a youth hunter and adult, if we came home empty handed it wasn't the wma, it was either my fathers snoring that he denies or my fudge up.

Comment

Headquarter pasture always had luck there, but been closed last few trips

Comment

Working...
                                X