No announcement yet.

Browning Duratouch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a class action lawsuit against Browning right now for sticky dura touch stock problems.
    I think they need to drop that feature and go back to standard synthetic stocks.

Comment

How old are these gun that are turning sticky?

Comment

Sent my turkey gun in...the wait was 13 months

Comment

Originally posted by Davik View Post
          Sent my turkey gun in...the wait was 13 months
          So they covered the cost 100% ?
          Shipping?
          Can we just send in the stock or must it be the entire gun?

Comment

I would not put a thing on the stock before sending it to them if it was me. Sounds like an easy way for them to claim that your particular case was caused by the solution you put on the stock.

Comment

I have a Winchester 223WSSM with a duracoat stock, like the OP said it has turned into pine sap and will leave your hands sticky.

Comment

Originally posted by 32drawlength View Post
                So they covered the cost 100% ?
                Shipping?
                Can we just send in the stock or must it be the entire gun?
                It was free...had to send in the entire gun to match the camo

Comment

So just called & they are giving me the option to send gun in OR they send the new stock—-I’m then supposed to get a gun smith to glass bed it

Comment

Any recommendation on removing this stuff, its not a gun I've actually got a radio with this same stuff on it. I tried mineral spirits and that did nothing I saw on another thread to use ammonia but haven't tried.

Comment

Don’t even hesitate, just send it!

I’ve sent 2- Browning titanium action rifles and a Cynergy shotgun to them & they were returned promptly with better stocks than the original, which are not duratouch.

Comment

My A5 had that crap, I ditched the stocks for new replacement stocks that did not have the duratouch. Cost me about $175 for the new furniture.

Was all black before the upgrade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I know I am bumping an old thread, but has anyone sent one in more recently? How was your turn around time? They received mine on 2/2/22.

Job Description Status Amount
                          CAMOUFLAGE FIREARM TASK STARTED 0.00
                          CHECK OVER & TEST TASK NOT STARTED 0.00

That's been the status for the last 2-2.5 months. I'm hoping it's not going to be a year+ to get it back, but it sounds like it could be, based on previous posts. I'll hope for the best!

Comment

I’ve sent 2 in over the last couple of years and best I can recall is that it takes 2-3 months maybe 4 but certainly not 9-12 months
                            Good time of the year to send it in

Comment

This problem is easily fixed with some EZ Off oven cleaner and a red scuff pad. Put the parts in a tub and spray them liberally with the EZ Off. Let set for an hour. Get you a bowl of warm water and use the warm water and red scuff pad to take it off. I used to do this before hydrodipping them. Super easy to do. Dont have to scratch real hard with the pad.

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                                Like yall, the barrel and receiver are just fine its the foregrip and stock that are unusable sticky.

I went to Home depot looking for a solvent to try to remove the stickiness. Krud Kutter is what i ended up with. Took the stock off and the foregrib and placed them in the sink. Sprayed them down real good and let them sit for 10 minutes. The Krud Kutter turned the sticky residue to jelly and i used an old rag to clean it all off. I had to spray a couple areas twice. But all in all it only took about 30 minutes of work to get it all off. The camo finish is still intact and looks great.

We'll see how it holds up, hopefully the camo finish doesn't start deteriorating. Can't make any promises for nayone who goes this route but i'm glad I did as i really didn't want my gun at browning for months on end.
                                Thank you for posting this. How the heck did I miss this one?

2022-2023 hunting season I did not pull my Browning Maxus out once. Went on a dove hunt this morning and WTH?

My forearm and stock was sticky like it was coated in tree sap. My buddy joked and laughed as he was envisioning me re-enacting Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation trying to read through a magazine. Still had a good time, but blown away when I did a google search to see if anyone else had this issue.

Read on a few forums the Krud Kutter is the way to go, so thany you CTR0022 for giving some details on what you did.

Comment

Working...
                                X