Browning Duratouch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Browning Duratouch

So this stuff has become so sticky its like pine sap, gets all over my hands....***... I called Browning and they gave me free shipping to send my gun in for a free repair. However they couldn't give me a time frame but indicated they are pretty far behind and it will be awhile. Sucks to spend $1300 on a shotgun and have his going on. I really don't want to mess with shipping it in and waiting for to get shipped back.

Anyone know how to strip this stuff off? I assume its just black synthetic under the coating. I assume carb cleaner would melt it off... anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

my xbolt has started to feel sticky too.

i may put a bell n Carlson on it.

Comment

I had the same thing happen to a shotgun,i took it to Freer gun shop in Houston which is a certified warranty repair shop for Browning and they shipped it for me.3 weeks later he called and said it was ready to be picked up...Browning had sent a brand new shotgun back-said it was easier than replacing parts and recoating...I was OK with that.

Comment

Are you talking about on the furniture?

Comment

I sent my x bolt in mid January, got it back mid April, looks and feels good. Worth the wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Fooshman View Post
            Are you talking about on the furniture?
            Yes, My BPS has been that way for a while. Stock and foreshock are sticky but coated metal parts are not. So sticky it is unusable..imagine sticky side of duct tape sticky!

I filled out the paperwork to send it in I just haven’t taken the time to go mail it in.

Comment

In for suggestions. My Xbolt is doin the same thing and I can't figure out how to get rid of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
                Yes, My BPS has been that way for a while. Stock and foreshock are sticky but coated metal parts are not. So sticky it is unusable..imagine sticky side of duct tape sticky!

I filled out the paperwork to send it in I just haven’t taken the time to go mail it in.
                Mine seems to be doing the same thing.

I had it sent it for something different before and they didn't say anything about it. But it's much worse now.

You should see it when it gets wet. Looks almost like I poured milk on the *******. I'll post up some pictures later.

Comment

Like yall, the barrel and receiver are just fine its the foregrip and stock that are unusable sticky.

I went to Home depot looking for a solvent to try to remove the stickiness. Krud Kutter is what i ended up with. Took the stock off and the foregrib and placed them in the sink. Sprayed them down real good and let them sit for 10 minutes. The Krud Kutter turned the sticky residue to jelly and i used an old rag to clean it all off. I had to spray a couple areas twice. But all in all it only took about 30 minutes of work to get it all off. The camo finish is still intact and looks great.

We'll see how it holds up, hopefully the camo finish doesn't start deteriorating. Can't make any promises for nayone who goes this route but i'm glad I did as i really didn't want my gun at browning for months on end.

Comment

a link to the stuff i used

Comment

CTR can you take a pic of it now?

Comment

Should have taken some before pics. The texture/feel is the same as the barrel and receiver. We'll see how it holds up this fall.

Comment

Browning has had my shotgun for over a year now...and they're saying another 3 to 4 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Davik View Post
                            Browning has had my shotgun for over a year now...and they're saying another 3 to 4 weeks.
                            Sorry to hear that.

Comment

Just pulled my .375 H&H X-bolt out of my safe & the Dura Touch surface is excessively sticky
                              I bought it from a fellow TBH’er 3-4 years ago, would Browning warranty this issue?

Comment

Working...
                              X