East Texas supplemental feeding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
    I have tried free choice protein with no interest.

Mixed some rice bran in and they would eat it but the rice bran clogs up everything

Anybody had good results with East Texas deer and free choice feed?
    No problem here

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have had pretty good luck with M&G apple flavored 16% feed and L&E as well. Normally I start with 25% Corn and Soybean mixed in with the protein, then next fill just run straight protein. I have the protein feeder in a pen with a corn feeder so the deer are there daily. Seems they hammer it the best from now until April or so, best of luck.

Comment

cottonseed

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
          Have to see if the feedstore has it

No place close to buy bulk that I know of
          May just need to put up hog panels around your feeders.

Comment

Tractor Supply in Orange has quit carrying Record Rack, so I went with sweet feed. The deer have ate it before. We will see. I felt compelled to feed them, they are keeping the food plots down very low. I haven't feed protein in years, but it seems the deer need it this season.

Comment

Checked tube height and it was right where I was told to put it so I bought a bag of all stock and a bag of corn, already had it loaded when I spotted the corn and roasted soybean mix so I may try that next instead of straight corn

I put a camera on it so should know what if anything is eating it

Comment

its trial and error but yes they will eventually eat it

Comment

Nothing eating it yet

Comment

I’d try putting the protein feeder away from your corn feeder with no pressure on it. I’ve got 5 on LF in Nacogdoches county and the one that is by itself and in thick cover gets hit about 30% more than the others.

Comment

I put out alfalfa for the first time this year. I used it as an attractant and my deer hammered it.

Comment

Alfalfa? Always wondering if the deer in that area would eat it. Put out the cotton seed from tractor supply a couple weeks ago and have pics of them eating it. Then the hogs tore into my feed pin and cleaned it out.. This is Northern Newton county 10 miles east of Jasper.

Comment

Originally posted by East6101 View Post
                          Alfalfa? Always wondering if the deer in that area would eat it. Put out the cotton seed from tractor supply a couple weeks ago and have pics of them eating it. Then the hogs tore into my feed pin and cleaned it out.. This is Northern Newton county 10 miles east of Jasper.
                          I'm on a lease in Newton off of CR.1012. I've been thinking about using cotton seed as a supplement but with the amounts of rain we get I went against it. No matter what I go with, coons and hogs will be a problem. Even with a feeder pen.

Comment

Working...
                          X