Part 2-2019 Saltwater Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jon-Paul View Post
    Late report... Fished down in Corpus last week for a tourney that was out of Rockport. Caught some reds in the 5lb range that we release as we was only going to keep 7+ lbers. Unfortunately those was hard to come by.
    Were you at the Blast and Cast event Fri-Sunday? If so I'm Stephen, we talked for a minute about popping corks

Comment

Went to West Galveston bay this AM. Water was trout green & a good strong tide moving. Water was higher than normal. Started out kinda slow ,but then it busted loose. Throwing a strawberry/white DSL . Ended up catching 15 + or - trout. 4 in the 21 to 23 in range. Only had 2 throwback trout today. Released 2 reds & a couple of small flounder. Kept 1 16 in trout & 1 flounder for my sister. Days like this morning keep you going back for sure. Good water, tide, plenty of bait & a nice cloud cover to keep it cooler. Surf looked pretty clean coming home ,but like Phillip said earlier, a little too rough for my liking.

Comment

Good trout bite on the LLM this morning. Caught four trout limits while only catching four undersized fish. Was never hot and heavy until the wife and son doubled up to Finnish the limit with quality fish. Wind picked up and we opted to head in for lunch.

Last night we went down to the beach for sunset. We soaked some ballyhoo chunks and this ray about wore my daughter out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post
          Were you at the Blast and Cast event Fri-Sunday? If so I'm Stephen, we talked for a minute about popping corks

Yes I was and those popping corks are like a four letter word for me. I'm not against using them but they are my last option.

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
            I have never really fished the surf. Probably 2 times in the last 20 years. Both of those times have been from a boat, backing in and anchoring.

When you are looking to fish the surf, how to you decide where is "right"? Are you looking for bait sign or is the game catching them running up and down the bars? I have heard a lot of differing strategy on surf fishing and it got me pretty confused. We fish out of POC so walking in and wading is pretty hard unless its flat and you can take the boat in shallow enough to hop out. I am thinking I would like to try the iPilot in the surf when its calm enough and see what its all about.

For me it's one nasty 4 letter word..... WIND . How much of it and which way is it coming from....

Comment

Since it’s virtually a done deal, waiting on the rest of the rigging I figured I would give y’all a sneak peak. [emoji6]

Comment

I could be convinced to go try Gorda Surf in the morning, but I just checked the cam and it said 21mph ESE. I don't like getting beat up. Is it going to be decent tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                  Since it’s virtually a done deal, waiting on the rest of the rigging I figured I would give y’all a sneak peak. [emoji6]

Dammit. Boy went with that black anchor. Hopefully it has a good warranty.

Comment

Part 2-2019 Saltwater Thread

Originally posted by big_smith View Post
                    I could be convinced to go try Gorda Surf in the morning, but I just checked the cam and it said 21mph ESE. I don't like getting beat up. Is it going to be decent tomorrow?

No it is not. Lol. Rather nasty on the cam.

Comment

Originally posted by big_smith View Post
                      Surf will be blown out.

Comment

Boat is looking good Justin!

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                          Dammit. Boy went with that black anchor. Hopefully it has a good warranty.

So they rigged it with the wrong motor, but after a little research I figured I’d keep it. 5 year warranty.

It’s actually lighter than any other 150 4 stroke on the market.

Comment

Guy gets hit by stingray and gives props to Everlast for it not going in farther... lmao...

I'm beginning to believe Philip when he says they're usless...

Not my pic...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                              Guy gets hit by stingray and gives props to Everlast for it not going in farther... lmao...

I'm beginning to believe Philip when he says they're usless...

Not my pic...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
                              Dammit. I’m going to have start double stacking em.

Props to everlast, lol. Thats the third person I’ve heard of in the last 3 weeks to still get penetrated with the guards.

Comment

Glad I didn’t buy any ray guards seeing how they don’t work.

Guide out of Matagorda Michael Kubecka has been hit twice in the last few weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X