No announcement yet.

Perfect Venison Steak (ELK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We Souse Vide all of our steaks anymore but we put 1/3 cup worcestershire 1/3 soy and 1/3 olive oil in the bag with the meat. No need to season until after the cook. Perfect steaks every time.

Comment

Nice! I'll have to try that recipe also sometime. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Looks over cooked for our taste. We do venison steak with salt,pepper, galic powder take them and seat them in hot skillet on stove top on each side and be done. Rare-medium rare.

Comment

Comment

We usually do ours at 129° then hot cast iron skillet with butter in it. Delish. We are trying sous vide salmon tonight.

Comment

How long can you wait to grill or finish off in cast iron skillet after you souse vide beef, chicken, venison, etc? Can you wait a couple of hours before completing the process? Or, do you have to finish them off promptly?

Comment

Man I don’t get it, I did it just as instructed, same temp every thing. Even went and bought a pear burner. It’s kinda like the texture is different. I don’t know , I still much prefer mine on the grill. Now I have nova, and a pear burner I probably will never use.
                Last edited by critter69; 04-14-2019, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                  Man I don’t get it, I did it just as instructed, same temp every thing. Even went and bought a pear burner. It’s kinda like the texture is different. I don’t know , I still much prefer mine on the grill. Now I have nova, and a pear burner I probably will never use.
                  I can’t explain that.

How exactly are you grilling them?

Comment

Hmm.. not sure. What temperature do you normally cook it to when you grill it? If you are use to rare then you would want to dial the temperature on the sous vide down a bit. The pear burner gives you the best sear/char from what I'm found. It's much hotter than the grill generally. I would play with it some more before you give up on it. Try some regular beef steaks also for comparison. The last thought is it might have something to do with the meat itself but not sure.

Comment

Excellent!

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Jesg1224 View Post
                          Hmm.. not sure. What temperature do you normally cook it to when you grill it? If you are use to rare then you would want to dial the temperature on the sous vide down a bit. The pear burner gives you the best sear/char from what I'm found. It's much hotter than the grill generally. I would play with it some more before you give up on it. Try some regular beef steaks also for comparison. The last thought is it might have something to do with the meat itself but not sure.
                          Oh I’ve tried beef, venison, chicken, ribs, fish is ok but still I like it fried, it’s just not the same. I will use the soue vide for reheating pre cooked meals ( instead of a crock pot) when we go hunting.We normally place the precooked meal in the crock pot on warm all day, then when we get back in the evening at 10-11 its ready. But even then it’s over cooked on some things. So if I try the same thing with the soue vide, I understand it should not “ cook” more as long as the temp. is the same as it was originally cooked. Is that correct ? And the pear burner is now a weed burner.

Comment

Oh and answer to question is I normally pull at 130*, I have tried over and under that amount several degrees with the soue vide, but’s it’s seems more of a texture thing then being over or under cooked.

Comment

Sorry to hear it didn't work for you Critter. The pear burner does work well as a weed burner! I use mine for that also instead of RoundUp in places. Yes, I suppose the sous vide would work well to warm up pre-cooked meals. We often vaccum seal and freeze fully cooked meals and then warm them up in boiling water after an all day hunt. You could do the same over a longer period of time with the sous vide.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                                You might try a good hot cast iron pan, its probably the thicker sear/crispiness your tastebuds like. I know I am not the biggest fan of a pear burner, but my cast iron gives a really good texture.

Comment

Working...
                                X