Rainier AR match-grade barrels, or White Oak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rainier AR match-grade barrels, or White Oak

Anyone have any experience with Rainier barrels, specifically the match grade AR barrels? The best I can get out of my gun is a 2 inch group with the factory barrel. I do not believe the barrel is shot out, it is just not very accurate. This is just a play gun, so I don't need a Krieger or anything like that. I just want to get my groups down for as low a price as I can.
    I was also considering White Oak Armament. They have a bigger variety of contours.

I would recommend either a satern liberty or TBox barrel. What caliber are you going with?

Comment

Any Ranier barrel I have shot has been lights out. Had a ranier ultra match that shot .25" MOA and a match barrel from them and shoots under .50" moa pretty consistently.
      These are hand loads.

I went through 6 barrels when finally deciding to go with a ranier barrel. I highly recommend them. White Oak is a great barrel as well, cousin shoots one in a 22 nosler and is .5" or better all day long.

Comment

Originally posted by texas bound View Post
        I would recommend either a satern liberty or TBox barrel. What caliber are you going with?
        223 Wylde

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter90 View Post
          Any Ranier barrel I have shot has been lights out. Had a ranier ultra match that shot .25" MOA and a match barrel from them and shoots under .50" moa pretty consistently.
          These are hand loads.

I went through 6 barrels when finally deciding to go with a ranier barrel. I highly recommend them. White Oak is a great barrel as well, cousin shoots one in a 22 nosler and is .5" or better all day long.
          I loaded a set of test loads with AA2520 and 73gr ELDMs that I thought should have been good. I also got a 24x scope for more precise aiming. Best group was 2 inches, and the worst was four. The low end was good and the very top and was good. The middle was horrendous.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
            I loaded a set of test loads with AA2520 and 73gr ELDMs that I thought should have been good. I also got a 24x scope for more precise aiming. Best group was 2 inches, and the worst was four. The low end was good and the very top and was good. The middle was horrendous.
            Just to clarify, are you looking to buy another barrel or are you currently shooting a Ranier?

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter90 View Post
              Just to clarify, are you looking to buy another barrel or are you currently shooting a Ranier?
              I'm looking to buy another barrel. The rifle is a Springfield Saint with the factory barrel, which I bought used.

Comment

I'm looking to buy another barrel. The rifle is a Springfield Saint with the factory barrel, which I bought used.
                What’s the twist rate?

Comment

Ok gotcha, ya I wouldnt even mess with that barrel then. But, I am a firm believer in Ranier barrels. But, there are a bunch that a great barrels. WOA, Ranier, Satern, AR15 performance. Below is a group with my Ranier, and it shoots lights out.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mzurovec View Post
                    What’s the twist rate?
                    1-8

Comment

By the way, I've shot two different Factory loads and another hand load through this barrel and the best group is always 2 in.

Comment

Personally I’d go Rainier. We’ve built a few rifles off their barrels, and they’ve always performed! The Ultra Match line uses Rock Creek blanks.

Comment

Great. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by texas bound View Post
                            Satern actually recommended a cut rifled barrel from their line when I asked about 1/2" accuracy (with commercial match-grade ammo).

Comment

I have a AR Performance barrel in my 6.8spc and it is pretty accurate 1/2" groups at 100 yards

Comment

Working...
                              X