Due to rainout, gonna can more today. 👍

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
      Due to rainout, gonna can more today. 👍
      Where are the pics

Comment

Originally posted by Katch66 View Post
        You simmer for three days?
        Yep, that long simmer is what breaks down all the good stuff off and in the bone, like connective tissue and marrow; makes the broth both tasty and nutritious.

Comment

Not for me. Look and texture are everything to me. I guess if I could take it out and grill it a little like them sosa vide boiled steaks, maybe

Comment

Rocky’s home brew....
            Attached Files

Comment

What is the liquid?

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                What is the liquid?
                Just the juices from the meat. No liquids added.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                  Rocky’s home brew....
                  Lookin' good!

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                    Just the juices from the meat. No liquids added.
                    I Youtubed it, and this guy used quart jars and about a half cup of water and a boullion to each and that was it. He called it stew meat. If it was reheated and put with vegetables in a pot I think I could eat it as a stew. Room temp out of the jar....nope.

Comment

I made my first test batch (5 pints) yesterday. Cold pack with onions, garlic, meat seasoning and a splash of liquid smoke. No liquids added. With the exception of the liquid following canning, the meat looks the same “before” and “after”. I haven’t had a chance to try it yet, if it doesn’t taste good at least the dogs will eat well.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

I haven’t made sausage the last three years. Been canning everything other then back straps. After loosing 300lbs of meat after a storm I started canning. My favorite thing to can is meatloaf .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Made gravy out of the juices from a jar, cooked biscuits and made SOS for supper tonight. Mmmmmmm. Stole a few new potatoes out of the garden, and a few small onions. Food don’t get no better than this.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                            I haven’t made sausage the last three years. Been canning everything other then back straps. After loosing 300lbs of meat after a storm I started canning. My favorite thing to can is meatloaf .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
                            Canned meatloaf intrigues me. I may have to try that.

It doesn't look pretty, but putting chicken thighs or legs in jars is really good too. I've also canned different pork cuts.

The discount meat bin at the grocery store is a great source for cheap canning meat.

Comment

Helped rocky with a little fencing project the other day and he insisted I take a can to try. Holy geezzz it looks bad!

Took it home with plans of putting it on top of rice without wife knowing what it was. Well she rearranged the pantry last night “what the @&)& is this?” Canned Venison ..... “No!”

So I just made a pot of rice while she’s gone and warmed the meat and the “juice” in the jar......

I’ll be dang! Taste exactly like roast. Very very tender roast! Would never believe it’s eatable, but it’s very good!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                                Helped rocky with a little fencing project the other day and he insisted I take a can to try. Holy geezzz it looks bad!

Took it home with plans of putting it on top of rice without wife knowing what it was. Well she rearranged the pantry last night “what the @&)& is this?” Canned Venison ..... “No!”

So I just made a pot of rice while she’s gone and warmed the meat and the “juice” in the jar......

I’ll be dang! Taste exactly like roast. Very very tender roast! Would never believe it’s eatable, but it’s very good!!!
                                Yes, it’s ugly, but **** is it good!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X