Truglo vs. Apex Sight Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truglo vs. Apex Sight Question

My father has trouble seeing his pins after sunset and in the last 30 minutes of light. I'm interested in getting him either the Truglo Archers Choice Range Rover Pro or the Apex Covert Pro. I think having one lit up dot like these sights will really improve his chance of shooting accurately at animals and allow him to be more confident in the dusk and dawn time periods.

Has anyone used either of these sights? What are yalls thoughts? Is it easy to use?

Apex Gear Archery Products. Manufacturer of high quality archery sights, quivers, rest, stabilizers and more for your next hunt.

I cant say enough about trophy ridge sights. The pins are very impressive with low light conditions. My sight is an aplha 5 from Trophy Ridge thats 5 years old and still super bright. Hope this helps!

Comment

I appreciate the suggestion. However, trying to get away from the pins. If anything may get him a single pin sight.

Comment

I had same problem, went to a LP light, runs off 2 cr2032 batteries, can adjust light setting. Best there is for low light conditions.

Comment

I have the Apex Covert Pro and absolutely love it. I have older eyes and the adjustable sight pin works great. I've had it for a couple of years and have no complaints at all.
          And you're right. The one pin makes it much better as well.
          I can practice out to 80 yards with it with no problems.
          Last edited by whakm; 10-04-2018, 02:06 PM.

Comment

I've had Truglo for a few years. Got it dialed out to 120 yards with target bow.
            Only issue is when battery gets dull. It basically goes dead.
            But that being said it ran for at least 2 years and I left it on a few times over night.

Comment

Appreciate the info. It seems to be they are very similar and have good reviews. I think the decision will come down to whether her wants the circle or cross hairs for sight and weather he wants his yardage tape on the left side of bow or right side of bow.

Comment

No input. but I am interested in reading others input. Had my eye on these for a while.

Comment

I have a covert pro and really like it. I am 57 and my eyesight isn't what it used to be. The cross hairs are good but with the green dot you really can't see the lines. The tape could be bigger is my only complaint. It turns off after 2 hours for us with CRS syndrome too.
                  Last edited by Abcdj; 10-05-2018, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankhunter
                    I can say nothing about those sights. Sorry. I can only describe my new ATN X-Sight 4K Pro (https://www.atncorp.com/smart-hd-weapon-sight). I believe it worths speaking about. It has great features like HD day & HD night, full HD video & photo, magnetometer, accelerometer, e-barometer etc., but I haven't had a possibility to check it. I hope I will have it in the nearest future.

I’d like to see a picture of that mounted to a bow....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry to revive this, but I am searching. I just bought and mounted the TruGlo Archers Choice Pro on my bow. However, when looking through the glass back at my bowstring, the vertical line does NOT line up with my string, it is canted at about 1-2 degrees angled. What would anyone suggest? I also see my cams are just slightly leaned, maybe half a degree. Should the vertical line in the glass be dead up and down with my string, or do you think the 2nd and 3rd plane is off?

Comment

Disregard my last. I just took a torpedo level and lined up the vertical line and then leveled the sight. The site is fine. It is my bow that the string is not totally vertical.

Comment

I have the apex and for low light conditions it’s hard to beat. There are a couple issues I’ve had with mine though.
                          1. The glass lens can fog up
                          2. If it’s drizzling or rain it can distort your view of the site.
                          3. In the right angle the sun can put a glare on the glass.

Comment

Working...
                          X