Rollcall: WTs with Stickbows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
    Whereabouts? I sometimes forget you are up in OK.
    Hill country around the Junction area.

Originally posted by MEsquivel View Post
    Ohh yeah!!!

Not sure if opening weekend, but they'll get my candy corn arrows.
    They may just come running in and try to eat your candy corn arrows!

Comment

I guess I'll go

Comment

Weather report ain’t looking too good for me. More rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I will be out there Sunday before church and after church! No go on Saturday.

Comment

I will be there. Good luck to all the tree hugers

Comment

Reporting for duty!

Comment

First year hunting with a stick bow going to be a fun deer seasOn.

Comment

Here.

Comment

Will be there with bells on!! Won’t actually get to go until Saturday eve cuz it’s my weekend to work! For sure on doe patrol, and hope they cooperate! Good luck my brothers! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Nice cloudy cool day here for all who got out this a.m... ..gonna try Sunday morning ..first opener with my son in years , now he can join in that he's graduated college (Tt), fraid its "Guns Down and Bows Up..LOL.. AMEN!!glad he's back home..get him his first bow kill .... Me I'm gonna try and stay "grounded", up close and personal,super sneaky still hunt the thickets from one pit brush bind to another,slide along travel routes , all year, gillie'd up,new smooth 66''er, and let the chips fall... enjoying the challenge 30 plus years in trad brings..still waiting to drop my first P&Yer...fingers crossed..Best to Y'all , have an enjoyable safe season of the trad chasing experience .

Comment

Got chased out of the stand by the lightning this morning. Yarn puffs and feathers don’t hold up to well in the heavy rain. I gave it a couple hours in the tree. Oh well still enjoyed myself just sitting in God’s creation. The light rain was really nice at first.

Comment

Originally posted by coojay View Post
                          No other way for me! Good luck n shoot straight!

This. Never been any different

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Comment

Third year and no luck with deer. Rams and pigs but just can’t get the right 15 yd broadside shot presentation for my longbow. just had five doe come in so nervous and jumpy I could not get a shot. They didn’t stay long. Ozonics must not cancel out mosquito spray...forgot the thermal cell. Won’t make that mistake next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                              . Will sit for a pig Friday night and then my first sit of the season for WT Saturday morning. Have some family obligations the rest of the weekend so it will be short trip. I got blanked last year... but I honestly don't have high expectations on changing that for this year just because there are fewer targets on my new place vs previously. The new place is gonna take me time to really figure out when it comes to WT. I am actually hoping I get a pig to slip up... which I have decent odds at happening.
                              Well, I happened to be pretty much on target as far as predictions

1) I sat and killed a pig Friday night.
                              2) Didn't see any deer that eve or Saturday Morning
                              3) Cameras don't show a lot of deer activity since we've gotten plenty of rain in the last couple of weeks. Everything is green and the patterns have shifted dramatically.

The mosquitos were think as hell, so I didn't really do too much scouting for fresh deer sign so I could move a tripod near a trail, etc. October is gonna be some pretty hard hunting for deer on this place.

Comment

Obligations for opening weekend and Aggies are at home on Saturday so I won't get to hunt till the 11th for 5 or 6 days. I believe the ton of rain we have had will not bode terribly well for us as hunters but great for the wildlife.

Comment

Working...
                                X