No announcement yet.

New boat fever...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had the fever for years...this "might" be the year I have to get medicine for it. It's eating me alive, and my boys are both coming down with the fever as well If I could find a 2-3 year old Haynie Magnum in the extremely rare sea foam/white color scheme, or the even rarer TranSport SVT/XLR8 in that color combo, I'd have to dive off into the water to catch up to my wife, who would be leaving the dock in it

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
      Pics of what? The old boat or the ones I’m looking at

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Your Nitro..............
      Sorry, I wasan't clear.................

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
        Your Nitro..............
        Sorry, I wasan't clear.................

Comment

Here is my foreseen pros/cons of the two boats I am looking at:

Xpress H20B
          Pro: slightly lower price, sea deck option, better overall appearance IMO
          Cons: hard to find a tandem axle trailer for the H20, hard to find anything larger than a 115HP outboard

G3
          Pros: Found a 150HP on a tandem axle trailer with sea deck option
          Cons: Priced higher, still a good looking boat just not as visually appealing as the Xpress IMO

Regardless this is the plan for rigging. Garmin units front and back, Minnkota 24v Terrova TM, would love an Atlas jack plate with either single or dual Talons if its in the budget.
          I'd really suggest not getting the Atlas. I have friends who went with them because they are "maintenance free". They are slower, you can't raise your motor as high as with a Bob's, they get in a bind under a full load to the point that they won't work while you are accelerating and the actuator fails often. If you want to talk to someone who has one and has had nothing but headaches out of it let me know and I'll give you his number. I thought they looked cool too until all of their issues. I'm staying with Bob's. You have to keep them greased but they don't give you many headaches.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
            I'd really suggest not getting the Atlas. I have friends who went with them because they are "maintenance free". They are slower, you can't raise your motor as high as with a Bob's, they get in a bind under a full load to the point that they won't work while you are accelerating and the actuator fails often. If you want to talk to someone who has one and has had nothing but headaches out of it let me know and I'll give you his number. I thought they looked cool too until all of their issues. I'm staying with Bob's. You have to keep them greased but they don't give you many headaches.
            All good and accurate info, not a well designed piece. I had a friend with one on a scooter, constant issues and even when it was working "right" it wasn't right.

Comment

Thanks Canny..........
              Got a price in mind..??
              Trade perhaps ????

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                I'll be 4 months waiting for mine on the 1st... come on with it already it's almost fishing time
                Maybe you should have ordered a different brand 😉

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                  Thanks Canny..........
                  Got a price in mind..??
                  Trade perhaps ????

Shoot me a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                    I do have the itch for a Sabine Skiff, trying real hard to ignore but I know I'm not real strong...
                    The new guide model with a 60/40 jet is niiiiiice

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                    I talked to the owner at the boat show a couple years ago. Super nice guy and builds a hellaskiff!!

But $$$ for a tin boat

OP....

Headquartered in Amory, Mississippi, Avid Boats are the world’s finest aluminum fishing boats. Built by fishermen, for fishermen, our boats are crafted with your fishing experience in mind.

They will cost more but IMO are 10x the boats of an xpress. And I owned xpress and alumacraft
                    Brian is one of the nicest boat builders on the coast IMO, but for the level of customization he's putting into these skiffs he's comparable to other skiffs with the ruggedness of a tin can.

I'd love to have the guide model with a jet but I need a jon boat for the ranch and I'm just not in a position to own two boats yet. I'm going this route in a 17' model hopefully by duck season

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwWOg8bhDlE&t=139s"]The Details of the Kaz Kustom. - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

It’s not for sale...

But everything has a price I suppose! [emoji38]

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
                        The new guide model with a 60/40 jet is niiiiiice

Brian is one of the nicest boat builders on the coast IMO, but for the level of customization he's putting into these skiffs he's comparable to other skiffs with the ruggedness of a tin can.

I'd love to have the guide model with a jet but I need a jon boat for the ranch and I'm just not in a position to own two boats yet. I'm going this route in a 17' model hopefully by duck season

The Details of the Kaz Kustom. - YouTube
                        I want one pretty bad...thinking versatile but haven't seen a guide in person yet. Jet's are slick but I'll probably get one with a tohatsu 50. I'm thinking used right now but there aren't a whole lot of them out there.

Comment

What are you looking for?

something similar to what you are looking for. CC or deck boat that I can fish from. Wanting something to pull a tube and catch some catfish & crappie from.

Comment

Originally posted by popeandyoung151 View Post

It’s not for sale...

But everything has a price I suppose! [emoji38]

Nice Rig!

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                              I want one pretty bad...thinking versatile but haven't seen a guide in person yet. Jet's are slick but I'll probably get one with a tohatsu 50. I'm thinking used right now but there aren't a whole lot of them out there.

Guide is a bare bones versatile with a narrower beam but not much. Most of the used ones I’ve seen are guys upgrading what they got and they want a pretty penny for them.

They’ll probably get what they’re asking but being a custom skiff it’s hard to put a depreciation number on them. If that’s the case might as well buy new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I can't imagine one with a jet!

There was a video of what I thought was a versatile running down a county rd during Harvey. When you could start to see the stripes in the road he moved to the ditch

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X