2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
    Harvest seasons, trophy trout genetics, release over 20, and what else? I’ve been working a bunch so I’ve missed out. I’m still abiding by tpwd limits. So until they tell me otherwise, I’ll take what I need. Bunch of those CPR fish die anyway. You can’t drag a fish back to the boat, flop it on the deck, measure it, post it to Instagram and Facebook then let it go and expect it to live. I’ve found a bunch of dead trophy trout floating that someone thought they were doing good releasing. The Social media reaction seems like a typical “woke” response.

Just make sure its in a basket type stringer and they will be just fine. Even if you have double your limit in there...gotta get those Instagram pics!

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
      Harvest seasons, trophy trout genetics, release over 20, and what else? I’ve been working a bunch so I’ve missed out. I’m still abiding by tpwd limits. So until they tell me otherwise, I’ll take what I need. Bunch of those CPR fish die anyway. You can’t drag a fish back to the boat, flop it on the deck, measure it, post it to Instagram and Facebook then let it go and expect it to live. I’ve found a bunch of dead trophy trout floating that someone thought they were doing good releasing. The Social media reaction seems like a typical “woke” response.

Especially if it was a long fight for the fish. Lactic acid develops in them just like us. It might slowly swim off but it could still die. Not to mention the removal of their slime coat.
      I’ve literally fought some fish to death, mostly tuna and jack fish out of a kayak.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post

Just make sure its in a basket type stringer and they will be just fine. Even if you have double your limit in there...gotta get those Instagram pics!
        whatever happened to that boy?

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
          whatever happened to that boy?

I think he lives on Instagram now. Less haters. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Came on hear to hopefully see some real reports by trusted folks on what they are seeing with regard to the fish kill. There are a few, but seems to be more debates about age old debate topics than good information about the fish kill.

Not knocking the debate. Just figured this would be a good source of information on the fish kill. Does not appear to be.

Comment

One of the guides in West Galveston Bay said that trout are starting to float up today.

Comment

Originally posted by twright View Post
                Came on hear to hopefully see some real reports by trusted folks on what they are seeing with regard to the fish kill. There are a few, but seems to be more debates about age old debate topics than good information about the fish kill.

Not knocking the debate. Just figured this would be a good source of information on the fish kill. Does not appear to be.
                There just isn't a whole lot more to report beyond what has already been put out there.

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post

Quitter!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by twright View Post

My neighbor in Rockport reported more floaters today in the canal, mostly mullet. I'll be down tomorrow and intend to look around.

Comment

he has been on IG but not nearly as much as before

Comment

Originally posted by Mini-x fan View Post
                        One of the guides in West Galveston Bay said that trout are starting to float up today.
                        Yep my sources are saying fish (mostly trout) are starting to float more in Rockport area in addition to the known wash ups that were already noted in other reports earlier this week.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                          he has been on IG but not nearly as much as before

True!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                            Quitter!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I bet he’ll be back when croaker season starts.[emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                              Exactly.

From everything I read or listened to about trout, trout 27” and up are 5-6years old minimum.

I’m a huge supporter of Chris Bush and the Speckled truth. His podcast is really good.

If you want so insights on the coastal fishery I would suggest listening to the Jay Watkins podcast.

Listening to The Speckled Truth since you posted this. Man it sure is making me want to go fishing! Great discussion there. Thanks for recommending.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I bet he’ll be back when croaker season starts.[emoji23]

[emoji16]... stop picking on that kid!

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X