mr big buddy heather , inside?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mr big buddy heather , inside?

who run one last week? looking into them but real gun shy running one in the house ? thanks

good heat output, but you'd be better off using a big tank of propane, the 1 pound ones don't last very long.

Comment

I run one connected to 20lb tank in our hunting cabin whenever it’s below 40 or so. It does a good job of heating about a 200 sq foot space. That being said I don’t trust something that supposedly has a low oxygen sensor and will shut off when it’s supposed to that only costs around $100. I leave a window cracked and have a CO2 alarm hooked up on battery power. The alarm has never gone off but definitely worth the piece of mind if you are running one indoors. Generally you can expect it to keep things about 30-40 degrees warmer than the outside temp at our cabin. I ran up to our families place before the winter storm last week to grab it and it kept me comfortable in a room with a sliding door cracked this past week. It’s a decent product for what it is.

Comment

Love mine and have used them inside a 12x20 cabin sleeping peaceful on many occasions. Small tank Low setting get 4-5 hrs, High setting 2 hrs if your lucky. I also have hookups for larger tanks when needed. Ran one last week in room to keep it warm and also in the shop where I kept the dogs up at night.

Comment

I love mine but only ran it in my garage last week to keep the stuff in there warm. Kept it ventilated by keeping the garage door slightly cracked. It does good to heat up small areas and would definitely recommend the hose to connect the larger bottles.

Comment

We keep one in our bathroom and it kept the pipes thawed, we use it all of the time in the house but for only a few hours at a time. For the money just buy a 30,000 BTU infrared heater and run the hose out a door or window.

Comment

I used it last week and only used it during the day. Used the connector/adapter so I could use the bigger propane bottle. It heated up my small living room just fine. Would have been freezing in the house without it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I used one all week in my house. No issues. Kept us warm.

Comment

I use one all winter to warn up my bathroom for a shower. My master bathroom is coolest room in the house.

Comment

Read post 10 & 18, specifically the link in 18.

I ran one in my garage with a carbon monoxide detector. It never alarmed.
                    I would be cautious, but it seems catalytic heat does not off gas CO

Comment

Been running one in my Krivo blinds with the windows closed for years. Hasn’t killed me yet. I also use the big buddy in the house with zero problems.

Comment

Always have a carbon monoxide detector

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_C View Post
                          I used one all week in my house. No issues. Kept us warm.
                          This

Comment

How big an ol’ gal is Heather?

Comment

I purchased a Mr Heater cabinet heater last year to heat the shop while building my skiff. With the recent cool snap I retired it from the shop and brought it in the house. The heat output exceeds the fireplace by far and the 20# tank lasts a LONG time.

Mr. Heater MH18CH Radiant Cabinet LP Heater https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0054WH796...7N35XRXC5G6PNS

Micheal

Comment

Working...
                              X