No announcement yet.

80s Kids....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang Curt, I figured you for a Xanadu type guy.

Comment

Short Circuit was a great flick from back then as well.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
        Swear to God that Jennifer watches both those shows every single week. Stupidest crap I've ever seen.
        Apparently you missed Grease....I'd rather drink bleach.

Also, don't forget "Thrashin" in all of this.

Comment

For whatever reason, I thought Gleaming the Cube was the best movie ever as a kid. Get out and ride my skateboard till I was bleeding.

Comment

Originally posted by Blane View Post
            For whatever reason, I thought Gleaming the Cube was the best movie ever as a kid. Get out and ride my skateboard till I was bleeding.

That wouldn’t have taken long on our Caliche road and oyster shell driveway. Then dad poured a driveway and the county paved the road....hell, thought we were rich. Still couldn’t ride a skateboard worth a ****, but my Mongoose took me all over town.

Comment

Originally posted by Blane View Post

Man, I was envious of that underground bunker they had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

RAD. So many great scenes, how does one pick their favorite? From the tricks in the beginning to the tricks during the final credits, just pure greatness. But if forced to choose I would have to select the always stunning 3 some on the dance floor.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                  That wouldn’t have taken long on our Caliche road and oyster shell driveway. Then dad poured a driveway and the county paved the road....hell, thought we were rich. Still couldn’t ride a skateboard worth a ****, but my Mongoose took me all over town.
                  A Mongoose? You were rich. I had a second hand Western Flyer.

Comment

Yeah if you were riding a Mongoose you were in it. I had some knock off lime green and white bike. Looked legit with pegs and a free spinning handlebar, but if it fell on you, you'd need a Jaws of Life to get you out. Weighed a ton. Good memories though.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                      A Mongoose? You were rich. I had a second hand Western Flyer.
                      I woulda thought you were rich too. Mine was homemade from whatever spare parts I could scrounge up by trading crap.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
                        I woulda thought you were rich too. Mine was homemade from whatever spare parts I could scrounge up by trading crap.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

I started out on a bike with a banana seat and ape hanger handle bars. It was totally trashed and rusty as could be and my dad sandblasted it at work for me. I painted it silver with a paint brush and aluminum paint. The kind that runs and drips like crazy and never fully cures. That was a fine ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          Apparently you missed Grease....I'd rather drink bleach.

Also, don't forget "Thrashin" in all of this.
                          Man I was just about to bring up "Thrashin". First and only time I tried to be a skateboarder. Apparently, you need to practice a little before taking on those big downhill runs.

Comment

Wake me up when Gleaming the Cube comes on.

Comment

Those were fun times. I wouldn't trade all of that for anything. I learned lots of good lessons fixing and repairing bikes. And no matter how ugly they were our bikes were our first taste of freedom and independence. I guess kids just don't get to run the streets on their bikes like we use to anymore. It sure isn't as prevalent anyway.

Comment

I need to have my 80's card revoked. I have never seen this movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X