Furniture Buying Secrets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Furniture Buying Secrets

Figured I’d turn to the brain trust for some advice on tips & tricks for buying living room furniture. Everyone has a trick for buying trucks, utvs, plane tickets, etc..., but I’ve never heard any about buying furniture. Will be moving soon and need some living room furniture for the new place is why I’m asking.

Thanks,

James

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nebraska furniture. Buy everything at once. Just missed out on Presidents' Day sale. The best time to buy furniture.

Comment

Glens Furniture in broken bow OK. If they don't have it, you can find it in a store and give them the number off the tag and they can get it at an extremely discounted price. At least that's what we did when we furnished our lodge on Lake Fork.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
        Nebraska furniture. Buy everything at once. Just missed out on Presidents' Day sale. The best time to buy furniture.

They have great offers.

Comment

My method is simple, buy from Gallery Furniture.

Comment

And expect to wait 6 to 12 weeks for items right now.

Comment

Thanks for the tips fellas.

I would buy from Mattress Mac as I think he does a ton for the community, and I may be remembering incorrectly so please correct me if I am, he was in support of the crooked Houston mayor & his fight against the firefighters retirement/pay parity fight. Coming from a family with a history with HFD I think I may be disowned. However if I’m mistaken speak up and I’d be more than happy to give him my business.

Comment

Over the holidays we bought new furniture for the living room at American Wharehouse Furniture. Cheap. Probably cheap furniture too but I look at as throw away furniture. I could have spent 10k and the wife would want to change it out in a few years. With 2 kids if we get 2/3 yrs out of the sofas, throw em away and buy new ones with their prices. I’ve bought expensive furniture that didn’t last.
                Last edited by Benno; 02-22-2021, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Benno View Post
                  Over the holidays we bought new furniture for the living room at American Wharehouse Furniture. Cheap. Probably cheap furniture too but I look at as throw away furniture. I could have spent 10k and the wife would want to change it out in a few years. With 2 kids if we get 2/3 yrs out of the sofas, throw em away and buy new ones with their prices. I’ve bought expensive furniture that didn’t last.

We bought from there when we lived in CO, I saw they opened up a Katy location I may go try that one out. Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

Originally posted by TX35GTR View Post
                    Thanks for the tips fellas.

I would buy from Mattress Mac as I think he does a ton for the community, and I may be remembering incorrectly so please correct me if I am, he was in support of the crooked Houston mayor & his fight against the firefighters retirement/pay parity fight. Coming from a family with a history with HFD I think I may be disowned. However if I’m mistaken speak up and I’d be more than happy to give him my business.

All I know is I got my new living room about 3 hours after I bought it back in November.

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
                      All I know is I got my new living room about 3 hours after I bought it back in November.

Maybe I just won’t tell them where it came from then!

Comment

Invest in high-quality, well made furniture, take care of it, and it will last forever. Purchase legacy pieces that can be passed down to the next generation after your gone.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                          Invest in high-quality, well made furniture, take care of it, and it will last forever. Purchase legacy pieces that can be passed down to the next generation after your gone.
                          That’s what we did, bought a bunch of Gustav Stickley pieces. My biggest fear after the mrs and I pass is our 2 girls spray paint it with milk paint or krylon

Comment

Buy whatever your wife wants and try to distance yourself from the process as much as possible.

Comment

There are some good deal on Facebook market place. Just have to be searching a lot until you find something. Nebraska furniture is pretty junky IMO. We bought most of our furniture from living spaces. Not the cheapest but by no means not super expensive. You should check them out.

Comment

Working...
                              X