2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tmurray View Post

In all seriousness, hoping we are able to rebound quickly. Anybody have reports from Galveston? Seems I keep seeing Matagorda and south updates only.
    Several reports so far not seeing much. Hopefully stays that way.

Comment

Good video in a bad way

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
        I’d like to hear your thoughts on the trout and whitetail deer if you’d like to elaborate. In every species on this planet some individuals in that species grow larger than others, it’s solely up to the genetics and other environmental factors that animal encounters. It’s accurate all across the board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Actually, in whitetail deer, it has been pretty well proven that genetics play a very small role compared to nutrition. I'd be willing to bet the same is true of speckled trout.
        Last edited by El General; 02-22-2021, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
          Actually, in whitetail deer, it has been pretty well proven that genetics play a very small role compared to nutrition. I'd be willing to bet the same is true of speckled trout.
          You won’t be able to convince him, he knows best...

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
            You won’t be able to convince him, he knows best...

Comment

Good Matty update....

Deep Freeze February 2021 Update Black Drum- 101 Trout-2 Reds-4 Good news is, the water was very clear and I didn’t see any dead fish on the bottom. The current can run pretty good in the bayou...

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                Good Matty update....

Deep Freeze February 2021 Update Black Drum- 101 Trout-2 Reds-4 Good news is, the water was very clear and I didn’t see any dead fish on the bottom. The current can run pretty good in the bayou...

Yeah not saying this Capt was fudging cuz I have no reason to believe otherwise but 100+ drum and only two trout ? By all accounts the drum, both black and red, fared better than trout by a whole lot.

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
                  Yeah not saying this Capt was fudging cuz I have no reason to believe otherwise but 100+ drum and only two trout ? By all accounts the drum, both black and red, fared better than trout by a whole lot.
                  That has more to do with the area he looked at than anything. I wouldn't expect to see trout in there this time of year much anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                    That has more to do with the area he looked at than anything. I wouldn't expect to see trout in there this time of year much anyway.

Exactly. He was in chinquapin and went to lake Austin which is very shallow and pretty much only hold trout during the fall.

Redfish, drum, gar and catfish are pretty much the only fish there year round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Harvest seasons, trophy trout genetics, release over 20, and what else? I’ve been working a bunch so I’ve missed out. I’m still abiding by tpwd limits. So until they tell me otherwise, I’ll take what I need. Bunch of those CPR fish die anyway. You can’t drag a fish back to the boat, flop it on the deck, measure it, post it to Instagram and Facebook then let it go and expect it to live. I’ve found a bunch of dead trophy trout floating that someone thought they were doing good releasing. The Social media reaction seems like a typical “woke” response.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                        Harvest seasons, trophy trout genetics, release over 20, and what else? I’ve been working a bunch so I’ve missed out. I’m still abiding by tpwd limits. So until they tell me otherwise, I’ll take what I need. Bunch of those CPR fish die anyway. You can’t drag a fish back to the boat, flop it on the deck, measure it, post it to Instagram and Facebook then let it go and expect it to live. I’ve found a bunch of dead trophy trout floating that someone thought they were doing good releasing. The Social media reaction seems like a typical “woke” response.
                        ISWYDT

As for the rest of it, I skipped the last few pages of this thread on purpose... not bothering with that discussion. lol

Comment

Comment

Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                              As for the rest of it, I skipped the last few pages of this thread on purpose... not bothering with that discussion. lol
                              Sure you did. We all believe you.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                                Sure you did. We all believe you.
                                lololol ok ok I may or may not have been reading it. More than a few times I was typing a reply and said nope not doing this.

Comment

Working...
                                X