Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the one “prepper” item you will go buy soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
    More gummies

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    lol 😂

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
      Your username makes this statement very confusing
      User name does not check out

Comment

We’ve been blessed to not lose power or any other necessities. But I did realize some shortcomings that will be remedied in case we weren’t so lucky.

* More firewood. We were down to about 1/4 cord and I was just planning to burn it up so I could build a bigger firewood rack. Thanks God our stove/fireplace is so efficient or we could have been in trouble had we lost power for an extended period of time.

* Bigger propane tank. We put in a 250 gallon below ground propane tank when we built. I figured that would be plenty. We only have gas water heaters, cooktop, a log lighter for the outside fireplace and our spa heater that uses propane. We can normally go 3-4 months on a tank of propane. But if I ever had to rely on my generator, it would empty a full tank in 3 days or less depending on what I was keeping on line. Additionally I will find a blanket or rig up something to cover the propane regulator feeding the generator after reading another TBH’er had his freeze up making the generator useless.

* Get off my butt and finish putting lights and a heater in the well house. We’ve been lucky nothing has frozen because it’s so well insulated but still, not worth the risk.

We’ve been extremely lucky to have fared better than a lot of folks but it sure is eye opening to have an event like this to realize “what if” and expose potential weaknesses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

An extra generator on hand, aside from the one I use. A smaller quiet one (1500 -2000W).

If this whole thing has shown anything it's that everyone can do more to be self sufficient, but also supportive of those who dont have the means to prepare for themselves (elderly, parents, disabled, etc.)
          Last edited by Aggie13; 02-17-2021, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            * Get off my butt and finish putting lights and a heater in the well house. We’ve been lucky nothing has frozen because it’s so well insulated but still, not worth the risk.
            I just finished a new wellhouse at the farm in Tyler County. I put a space heater in there and dripped the outside faucets on the house through about 50' of waterhose. According to a neighbor, we never lost power there, but if we had, no question that new well would have frozen up, possibly cracking the holding tank. I think I'm gonna put a small wood burning stove in there.

Comment

Following

Comment

Got power back after 48 hours. Ordered my oil filled space heater, battery operated TV, and a power brick that can recharge my iPhone 6 multiple times on single charge.

Comment

I will be buying a lot of cpvc fittings and shark bite fittings . Hell I might even redo my water lines . Lots are in bad shape . Pier and beam house with 30 year old pipe

Comment

Just got word from our mud services that we will be without water or sewer. Everytime the wind blows they screw up their pumps or can't run for whatever reason . I'll be putting in a well and septic this summer. With that we will have everything we need to be sufficient unless they cut the natural Gas supply.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
                      An electrician to connect my generator to the main breaker panel.
                      This.

Comment

[QUOTE=quackadikt;15475021]I had one and can’t find the thing to save my life now. It just disappeared. So a new percolator is first on my list.

I use a press now, it works awesome

Comment

Backup heat source. Did ok but we were lucky no outage. Need to have more propane on hand just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            1st of all, you should be humiliated, and frankly I’m embarrassed for you. This is worse then your “women’s jeans” phase.

Did you at lease replenish at Patek’s and say hello to aunt Earlene??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL!

I’m afraid Patek’s may soon be becoming “Patel’s!” I don’t think that’s Aunt Earlene or Party Marty behind the counter these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Randy M View Post
                              Adaptor so I can use 20lb propane bottles for coleman stove.
                              my buddy loaned me his and his big propane bottle so I could hook it in to my big buddy heater while our power was out. Thanks Charlie!

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
                                An electrician to connect my generator to the main breaker panel.
                                I did that on Saturday and my 8750 gen ran everything in the house except pool and upstairs' unit. Wish I had done it a long time ago. It was pretty awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X