Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the one “prepper” item you will go buy soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Yuengling!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Philip-TX View Post
      We need a meme of the TP hoarder lighting TP on fire to stay warm.

I believe Alcohol soaked TP roll in a coffee can make a poor mans heater.

Last edited by cattlelackranch; 02-16-2021, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Can’t think of anything. As someone who hunts and camps pretty primitive I haven’t needed anything during this weather.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
          Can’t think of anything. As someone who hunts and camps pretty primitive I haven’t needed anything during this weather.

Yep. I’ve got the mountain sleeping bags. Lanterns, etc.

I will either have a generac or kohler backup generator installed. Not doing this crap again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yepp. I need a big backup geny properly installed to the breaker.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
              Yepp. I need a big backup geny properly installed to the breaker.

Pshh, just plug it into an outlet next to your tv. [emoji47]

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
                Pshh, just plug it into an outlet next to your tv. [emoji47]

That was a great thread

Comment

It’s a long list but immediately a oil space heater and generator. Also a kerosene heater for garage.

Long term will be a solution that handles summer and winter. Over all self sufficient and not dependent on the gridiron

Comment

We've been without power for a couple of days, which of course took out the water well. I have a generator that I've used to power my cell booster so I can get signal in the house, and to keep my laptop charged.

Our most critical omission was not having enough vodka and whiskey on hand to make it more than a couple of days. We made an emergency supply run during today's thaw to remedy that situation.

If anything, I probably need to keep a little more potable water on hand. I have half a dozen 20# propane bottles, but I allowed all but about one and half to run empty. We'll fill those next week. I have an adapter to keep the smaller propane bottles for the buddy heaters filled, if needed. We have various propane, butane, kerosene, Jetboil, etc. cookers on hand if needed. Oh, and plenty of wood for smoker/grill.

Being a winter storm, keeping the freezers running isn't an issue. We've been able to cycle our four fridges and freezers on my little Yamaha inverter/generator during summer outages.

As Kirby and Tracey each alluded earlier, if I'm ever in danger of loosing freezers I have a couple of pressure canners and plenty of jars and lids to salvage as much food as possible. Of course, I have plenty of small critters and a couple dozen deer hanging out on my property on a given day if I need to replenish in an emergency situation!
                    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Our most critical omission was not having enough vodka and whiskey on hand to make it more than a couple of days. We made an emergency supply run during today's thaw to remedy that situation.
                      1st of all, you should be humiliated, and frankly I’m embarrassed for you. This is worse then your “women’s jeans” phase.

Did you at lease replenish at Patek’s and say hello to aunt Earlene??

Comment

Gas range and bigger generator.

Comment

Backup 100 gal propane tank. Everything else is taken care of.

Comment

Originally posted by sasqy View Post
                            More Vodka !
                            You know just in case. That’s how the Russians stay warm.
                            I’ve got enough liquor on hand to have a good ol time the rest of 2021. Beer on the other hand is a premium. I’ve got plenty to last a few weeks, but it takes up too much space to stock much longer than that if we’re stuck at home daily lol

Comment

For those concerned about coffee here’s a little backpacking trick I use. Take your coffee filters, coffee grounds, string, and a stapler. Pour a small amount of coffee grounds in a filter, fold the filter up to seal it with the string out the top, then staple it to hold it together. Then use the filter as a tea bag. Heat your water however possible, and just drop the coffee filter bag into the heated water. I do this over campfires or small Jet Boil camp stoves. For stronger coffee add more grounds or use a second tea bag.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                                For those concerned about coffee here’s a little backpacking trick I use. Take your coffee filters, coffee grounds, string, and a stapler. Pour a small amount of coffee grounds in a filter, fold the filter up to seal it with the string out the top, then staple it to hold it together. Then use the filter as a tea bag. Heat your water however possible, and just drop the coffee filter bag into the heated water. I do this over campfires or small Jet Boil camp stoves. For stronger coffee add more grounds or use a second tea bag.
                                I wanted to do this yesterday but we were out of **** filters!! Thats another thing to add to the list I guess. I'm wishing I would've never got used to the simplicity of K-cups!!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X