No announcement yet.

Lawn pre emergent time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitting the lawn again today...................

Comment

look up Randy Lemmon lawn schedule

Comment

Originally posted by MR. L. View Post
        Here it is:

For southern grasses including: St. Augustine, Bermuda and Zoysia

February to Early March (Optional) – The Early Green-up! Done with fast-acting 15-5-10 formula. (Preferably Nitro-Phos Imperial 15-5-10)

February to Early March – 2-in-1 pre-emergent herbicide (Preferably Barricade or Dimension-based)

March to April (Anytime in spring) – Trace mineral supplementation. After years of rains, floods and droughts, we should be adding trace minerals that help fertilizers do their job. Azomite, Soil Mender, Nature's Way Resources and others offer them in bags.

End of March to Early April – Spring fertilization with slow- or controlled-release 3-1-2 or 4-1-2 ratios, such as Nitro-Phos Super Turf 19-4-10, Easy Gro Premium 19-5-9, and Fertilome Southwest Greenmaker 18-4-6. Fertilome also has a zero-phosphorus 18-0-6 formula, but it's not widely marketed.

End of April to May – 2-in-1 pre-emergent herbicide (Barricade or Dimension-based)

June to Early July – Summer fertilization with same slow- or controlled-release fertilizers from spring

August (Optional) – Iron supplementation, specifically for those using heavy irrigation and seeing yellowing grass

September (Optional) – Fungicide for brownpatch

September to October (Optional) – Trace minerals supplementation (Truly helps the upcoming fall feeding)

October – Pre-emergent herbicide (Barricade or Dimension-based)

October (Optional) – Fungicide for brownpatch

October to November – Fall feeding or winterizer (Use ratios with higher-than-normal potassium - the third number - such as Nitro-Phos Fall Special 8-12-16)

Comment

Originally posted by MR. L. View Post
          He says now is good..................

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
            He says now is good..................
            I ordered mine last week and plan on putting it down this weekend. I was a little late on my Fall application and have more Poa Annua and other weeds than last year. Better early than late. Soil temperature is the key.

Comment

tag

Comment

From my understanding is when soil temp is right under 55°

Comment

Lowes had a great sale on preemergent and fertilizer this weekend. Clearance stuff. About 6 bucks a bag for each.

The fertilizer was sold out at my store so I bought weed and feed.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

What if you lawn is still standing, or squishy. Do you have to wait until it dries out?

Comment

So per Randy Lemmon, now is time for pre-emergent and can do a 15-5-10 as an early green up fertilizer. Can you do the pre-emergent and fertilizer on the same day or should you spread them out over a couple of weeks?

Comment

I'm not thrilled with the barricade I laid down for winter. Still seeing a fair amount of clover but not as much as last year. Perhaps my coverage was not good? Since my bermuda is fully dormant I'm just waiting for things to dry out after a week of rain and plan to bust out the roundup sprayer on anything that's green.

Will do Surflan again next month as that absolutely eliminated my sand burrs last summer. This year I will buy extra and spray a few yards into the road/ditch along my property line that our developer barely mows and never sprays. That thing is full of the little boogers.

Comment

I need to do something this year for the dang grass burrs . They are bad in my inlaws and my yards.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                            I thought it was end of August? I’m up north.
                            for more effectiveness, twice a year. Early spring and Mid Fall.

Comment

I have what I believe to be Powdery Mildew on my grass. It looks like somebody slung a bottle of baby powder on my yard and the grass in those areas is DEAD, down to the mud. Anybody had good luck treating it? Ive read just baking soda and water but Im usually leery of home remedies.

Comment

I need something that kills weeds already growing. With the mild temps this year the weeds popped up out of nowhere fast.

Comment

Working...
                                X