Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
    For those that have hunted that area regularly, have you noticed how many ducks show up come winter?
    I was wondering the same. Don't know how the ducks will be this year out there, but i was out there on Saturday and didn't see a single dove.

Comment

No Redraw

I just got off the phone with the lady at COE office at Lake Georgetown. She said that they were not going to redraw for the 44 permits that were not picked up.

I think that sucks. I have a buddy that his son got drawn but he didn't. We all know that if you have children it is always more fun to hunt with them.

I wonder if there are any minors that got drawn that there parent did not. Now that would be really sad.

I got my son's and my spot picked out Saturday. We put some blocks out. Here is what I found Sunday at noon when I went back out there.

Not sure what to think on the way the second block looks.
      Attached Files

Comment

My son ,Z Razor 007, wants to take the bowhunter ed class and field day. Has anyone taken it lately? He has already been thru the Hunter Ed class.

Comment

Originally posted by 05 gray ghost View Post
          I just got off the phone with the lady at COE office at Lake Georgetown. She said that they were not going to redraw for the 44 permits that were not picked up.

I think that sucks. I have a buddy that his son got drawn but he didn't. We all know that if you have children it is always more fun to hunt with them.

I wonder if there are any minors that got drawn that there parent did not. Now that would be really sad.

I got my son's and my spot picked out Saturday. We put some blocks out. Here is what I found Sunday at noon when I went back out there.

There was a question on the application who you would be hunting with. Did both he and his son put each others name down.

Three of us put in and got drawn. We all had our names listed on each others applications.

Comment

Originally posted by swampdonkey View Post
            There was a question on the application who you would be hunting with. Did both he and his son put each others name down.

Three of us put in and got drawn. We all had our names listed on each others applications.
            Yes he did. He even asked about it when he turned them in. They said that if both were drawn they would put them on the same day schedule, but it did not automatically pick the other if only one was drawn.

I thought that the funds from the 44 unclaimed permits ($3,960.00) would have been enough incentive, but I have learned that things that make sense to me don't to other people.

Comment

Originally posted by 05 gray ghost View Post

So there are only 56 hunters out there this year? With that few it would be nice to just open it up, forget this weekday/weekend stuff.

Where did you get the full size blocks? I'm only finding the little 20 pounders this year.

Pretty much anything will eat those blocks. I've seen a fox sit on one and eat on it, coons, skunks, possums, all tear them up, too.

Comment

Originally posted by TXJon View Post
                So there are only 56 hunters out there this year? With that few it would be nice to just open it up, forget this weekday/weekend stuff.

Where did you get the full size blocks? I'm only finding the little 20 pounders this year.

Pretty much anything will eat those blocks. I've seen a fox sit on one and eat on it, coons, skunks, possums, all tear them up, too.
                Only 76 of the 120 permits were picked up is what the range told me.

I don't have a trail cam yet. There are deer tracks and sign around the one , but just tracks around the 2nd.

Georgetown Feed on 29 is where I bought the blocks of Antler Max

Comment

Should be going out this week to check cams and top off feeders and do final preperations til Oct. 3.

Man I cant wait for the season to start.

Any word on how many Buck tags were alllowed this year.

Comment

Did you guys receive the schedule of when/which check-in station opens?

Comment

Originally posted by cy100 View Post
                      Did you guys receive the schedule of when/which check-in station opens?
                      I could be wrong, but the check in stations run the same hours as the park.

Comment

The check-in station does not go with park schedule. In the past,I would call project office, if the ranger were there, I could check out there; if not, he/she would refer me to one of the available check-in station. I think they change the rules this year. We can only bring the deer to one of check-in station. And, as my understanding, the two stations, Tejas camp and Russell park, will not be both available at a time, one or another. They would send us the schedule before the season. Am I right?

Comment

Originally posted by cy100 View Post
                          The check-in station does not go with park schedule. In the past,I would call project office, if the ranger were there, I could check out there; if not, he/she would refer me to one of the available check-in station. I think they change the rules this year. We can only bring the deer to one of check-in station. And, as my understanding, the two stations, Tejas camp and Russell park, will not be both available at a time, one or another. They would send us the schedule before the season. Am I right?
                          I think you are right. The gate guys at the parks check the deer, but they have hours of operation and days off. I haven't gotten a schedule either.

Comment

went to check game cams and fill feeder......3/4 cams recovered.......details later.

Comment

3/4?s hope somebody didn't get one!!! Let us know

Comment

Originally posted by viper3853 View Post
                                went to check game cams and fill feeder......3/4 cams recovered.......details later.
                                I missed this. I got a cam in Sat that I got off of ebay. I was going to put it out Sunday morning but didn't. I don't know if I will now.

Any details yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X